Port first birthday

“You know, back in my day, kids didn’t get cakes or surprises!” Port hummed as he watched you play with blocks.

You hummed a response, ignoring him completely and focusing on the tiny city you were trying to build. He continued to rant as you messed with the blocks, unaware that he had stood up and was towering over you now.

“Are you ready for your bath?” he asked, and you shifted uncomfortably as you leaned towards the blocks once more.

He snatched you immediately from the ground and plopped you in the bath. You wiggled and begged for your blocks, so he dumped them in the bath and sat on the ground in front of you to smoke his pipe. You cooed happily as you splashed around and watched the blocks float, and Port just enjoyed seeing you happy.

But, as fun as baths were, you had to get ready for the party. Port picked you up out of the bath and wrapped a towel around you. Before he could pick you up again, you ran straight into the kitchen, making your father run after you.

“Get back here!” he wheezed as he slowed down behind you. You didn’t listen to him, and instead you decided to run between his legs and back into your bedroom. He followed.

You lifted up the dress he had displayed on your bed and admired it, watching the colors shimmer in the light. He watched you, and finally walked behind you to take the outfit and put it on you.

 He watched you, and finally walked behind you to take the outfit and put it on you

“You know, when I was your age, the girls didn’t have clothes like this.” he said. “You’re very lucky.”

You didn’t care about what he was saying. It didn’t matter, he always started off by saying “in my day”. You were easily bored by his voice, and when he put your shoes on you you were ready to get going!

“Now, let me get my scroll-”

Before he could finish, you were already out the door. You didn’t have time to wait. You were tired of being in the house all day. It was about time you got some air.

***

You arrived at Beacon Academy. There were students everywhere, and you held your father's hand as he walked through the large crowds. Your little legs could barely keep up, but you tried your hardest to follow him.

Finally, you arrived at his classroom he used, and he opened the door.

A big crowd erupted into singing, and you sat there quietly, allowing the song to be sung to you. It ended shortly after it began, and your father lifted you up on his shoulders. You looked out over the heads of people and saw a beautiful cake.

It looked delicious! You couldn’t wait to have a taste! And lucky for you, your dad was already on his way to the table

It looked delicious! You couldn’t wait to have a taste! And lucky for you, your dad was already on his way to the table. He cut you a slice and passed you the fork. It was delicious!

“Happy birthday, (Y/N).” he hummed as he ate a little bit.

“Thaaaanks.” you replied.