Penny first birthday

Penny lifted you from your cot, your hair messy and slobber on your cheek. She wiped it away and kissed your nose, causing you to sleepily smile at her.

"Sal-u-tations (Y/N)!!" She chirped.

You smiled gently as your eyes rolled back, drowsiness taking over once again. Penny brought you to the bathroom and sat you in the warm water.

"Oh no no!! You can't go to sleep!! It's your birthday!!" She cried as she washed your hair.

You drooled a bit and looked at her. "Birthday?" You asked.

"Yes!! Your birthday!!"

She took you from the bath and wrapped a towel around you, blocking the cold from seeping in. Then, she took out a small dress and dressed you.

You played with a flower as she slipped on your green shoes

You played with a flower as she slipped on your green shoes. Then, she brought you to Ironwood.

"Hello Penny." He greeted. "How are you?"

"I'm great!!" She cheered. She jumped up and fist pumped and sat you down.

"I'm off to get her cake!! Please be super careful with her!"

Penny ran off, leaving Ironwood to shake his head with a soft smile on his face.

Ironwood lifted you and cradled your small form. Then, he kissed your cheek and sat you on the ground.

The moment his head was turned, you ran. Ironwood heard your shoes and began running after you, but you were long gone.

You ran up to his office, slapping papers on the ground before running to his bedroom and pulling the blankets off the bed.

Then, you ran to the bathroom and turned on the bath and ran back out.

Ironwood stared at his office in disbelief. A little girl was able to do this???

He finally found you in your room, chewing on a block. He shook his head and fixed his messy hair. You stood up and he grabbed you, lifting you into the air.

You cried and kicked, wanting to get out if his grasp. Penny walked in the room and dropped her arms. Ironwood handed you to Penny before leaving the room. She smiled at you.

Then, she picked up a small cupcake and showed it to you.

"This is all they had...I'm sorry." She looked down in disappointment.

You, on the other hand, had already eaten half of the thing.

She giggled and wiped your mouth.

She loved being your mother, even if you would never know that she wasn't human.