Taiyang First Birthday

Bold is Ruby and regular is Taiyang over the phone.

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Taiyang walked through his livingroom, confused as to why you hadn't made a sound for a while. He looked down at you sprawled out on the floor. You had fallen asleep, and he would have stepped on you if he hadn't have looked.

You turned over, and he smiled down at your curled up body. He smiled and lifted you on the couch before putting pillows on the floor below you and covering you up. He walked off and called Ruby.

"Hey Rubes!!"

"Hey dad!"

"Do you remember that old cake shop that I used to take you to all the time?"

Ruby stayed silent, thinking of her answer before regaining her senses.

"Yeah, why?"

"Because I want a cake." Taiyang laughed.

He almost forgot that Ruby didn't know about you. Ruby laughed, and Taiyang asked for recommendations.

Finally they hung up the phone. Your birthday wasn't until tomorrow, though he should have had these things planned out before then.

And as for Ruby and Yang knowing, he didn't mind if they did know, it was just a matter of how to tell them. So until he could figure it out, he didn't want to bother them or raise suspicion.

Qrow stepped in the door, slightly drunk.

"Look at what I fo- *hiccup* -ound" Qrow smirked as he lifted a small dress to show Taiyang.

"Qrow..." Tai started.

"It's so cute!!" Qrow gushed.

Tai pressed his hand to his forehead before taking it from Qrow

Tai pressed his hand to his forehead before taking it from Qrow. He was right, it was cute. And by the looks of it, it fit you too.

"Where did you even get this?" Tai asked.

"THE STORE!!!" Qrow yelled, his excitement boosting up. "THERE WERE LOTS OF THEM!!!"

Tai sighed, and brought it to your baby room. Now what about the cake???

***

The next morning, you woke up to unfamiliar surroundings. You were in your father's bed, which almost never happens. Your dad walked in and dressed you in the yellow dress that Qrow found from yesterday, and the moment he was done, you took it as your queue to dive out of the room and find the bird. When you got to the living room, there he was. The beautiful crow that followed you around.

You never knew why the bird always followed you, but you didn't care!! The bird was very friendly. If only you knew it was your uncle.

"Birdy!!" You called and held up a piece of fruit. "Birdy!!"

The animal bit the blueberry and swallowed it whole, and you stared at it's red eyes in wonder. The bird stared back at you.

You ran back to your dad, who sat on his knees with his arms held open.

"Happy birthday baby girl." He smiled and kissed your nose before booping it.

A small cake was handed to you, and you shoved a handful of it in your mouth.

You grabbed a fondant flower and ran to Qrow before holding it in his face. He ate it, and cawwed before flying out of a nearby window.

"Bye birdie!!" You screamed. "Bye-bye!!"

Taiyang sat behind you, looking at the floor. He was hiding so much of your family from you. He just didn't want you in the Huntress life was all. But who was he to do that to you. It was your choice, Qrow always said, but Qrow would never understand. How could he? No one understood Taiyang's views.