Adam First Birthday

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!” the children in the orphanage screamed. You giggled. You had become quite popular in the orphanage in the year that you were there. Even the boys liked your company!

The nun cut you a slice of cake and allowed you to munch down. You looked up at her, icing smeared around you mouth.

***

“Goodnight, (Y/N).” the woman cooed. You whispered a faint “goodnight” before covering up, your outfit still on your body.

You laid in bed, eyes wide and face to the ceiling. Every so often you would hear a janitor or a nun go by, and eventually they all went to bed, leaving you with your thoughts again.

Your window shifted, and you sat up quickly. What was that? Slowly, it opened, and a man with red hair stepped in. he had a small box in his hands.

“Adam!” you yelled and ran to his feet. He hugged you tightly before kissing your head.

“What are you wearing?” he asked, admiring your dress. You spun for him and poked your belly out.

“It’s my birthday dress!” you said proudly.

He bent down and fingered the end, rolling the hem around in his pingers to feel the satin-like fabric

He bent down and fingered the end, rolling the hem around in his pingers to feel the satin-like fabric. Then, he ran his fingers over the embroidery, marvelling at every stitch. It was home made, no doubt. Adam stood up and patted your head.

“Look, I got you a present!” Adam cheered.

You threw yourself on the bed and smiled at him. He bent down at your feet to hand you the box. He sat there with a hand on his knee as you opened the box.

 He sat there with a hand on his knee as you opened the box

You smiled and bit into one of the cake pops. He smiled at you.

“I made them!” he said. You giggled.

You wrapped your tiny arms around his neck and squeezed. He wrapped his arms around your back and lifted you. You laughed loudly as he spun you. Then, he sat down in the rocking chair. He sat you on his lap and ran his fingers through the tight curls that your hair had been in for the party. A nun stepped in.

“Are you-” she stopped. Her hand found its way to her mouth as she gasped. “Oh, my-”

“God?” Adam finished for her, his deep voice cracking as he chuckled. His hair and suit began glowing red.

“I don’t think someone like you should be saying that, missy.” he chuckled again.

You paid her no mind and continued sitting in his lap, your doll taking your interest. She ran out of the room, leaving Adam to laugh even more.

And that was the last thing she ever saw. Adam Taurus, glowing red, playing with your hair with one arm propped up on the arm of the chair to hold his head up.

She died later that night.