Qrow first birthday

Qrow opened his tired eyes and looked around the room he was in. He was laying in the bathtub with his leg and arm hanging out. He held a bottle of alcohol in his left hand which dangled threateningly over the side. A small weight was on his chest, and it rose and fell with each of his breaths. He looked down, and there on his chest curled up was his baby girl with the shower curtain as a blanket.

He smiled and lazily put a hand over her tiny body. Then, he gently laid his head back and closed his eyes, thanks to his migraine.

(Y/N) was too small to be a year old. As a matter of fact, she was as small as a newborn.

Was she a year old? Had Qrow kept her that long?? Had it really been a year since he found her??? It would seem impossible, yet the more Qrow thought the more he realized.

(Y/N) was a year old.

She really was.

And as much as Qrow would love to stay right where he was, he needed to make his little girl feel happy. And how else to do that than by dressing her up?

But that would require movement...and he was too tired for that...

But his baby girl was one!! He had to do something...

And there was his dilemma.

But he was a father now, and fathers do anything for their baby girls, and that includes actually moving.

He looked down at your comfortable sleeping form, then at the clock. It was 3 in the afternoon already?!?

He lifted you up and jumped out of the bath. He had to do something, and fast.

He rushed in your shared room and yanked a dress from the top of the dresser and threw it on you.

Now for your hair. He dug around the room. The only thing he could find was a brush and a black heart clip. He would have to make it work. He brushed your hair and then clipped it out of your face. You looked up at him and smiled. He kissed your forehead before shipping on your shoes and running around to clean up. By 7 the house was good and ready for someone to come over. People had already agreed anyway, and all you had to do was wait.

7 turned to 8, then 8 to 9 and still no one. He had managed to keep you busy, but the other hunters and huntress's hadn't shown up.

Finally it struck 10 and he had had enough. He checked his wallet. 5.09 was all that was in there. What could he get you for 5.09? A cupcake??

That's right...a cupcake...

***

Qrow opened the door to the house once more and sat you on the ground before opening the box lid. A beautiful cupcake sat in the middle.

He stuck a candle in the middle and lit it

"Happy birthday, baby." He whispered.

You smiled at the flame and blew it out.

In almost no time, you bit into it. Qrow laughed and allowed you to finish it. Then he cleaned you up and laid you to bed.

He walked out of the room and looked at the cupcake that was left. In one swipe of his hand, the cupcake went flying off of the table. Then he flipped a chair and grabbed a bottle and drank half of it. Tears formed in his eyes.

Why couldn't he be a good dad?? Why couldn't he give you everything in the world? Why couldn't you be happy with a rich family and have a mom and brothers and sisters and toys? Why do you get him, a screw up, instead?? Why??

And why are you so happy with him?? Why do you make his world exciting?!

He calmed down and threw the empty bottle away before grabbing another one. He began to down that one too.

He walked into the room and lifted you from the crib before laying in bed and laying you on his chest. He wiped his tears and took another swig before looking at your smile and going to sleep.