♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₆₆

Start from the beginning

"How do you feel Cairo, after hearing all of that?" He looked to me, a slight smile on his face. "I noticed your change in posture, what made you uncomfortable?"

"Hearing her say it out loud I guess. I knew I hurt her, but her going more in depth did sumn to me. I made a mistake, I've owned up to it, and I just wanna keep that bright smile on my baby's face." I sat up, unfolding my arms as I placed my hand on top of her tiny hand, interlacing our fingers shortly after. "I never wanted you to feel like you wasn't enough, because you are baby. You my whole heart, and I'm sorry with my whole being for hurtin you."

She smiled sweetly, leaning forward and placing a gentle kiss against my lips. I love her, man.

"I want you both to go home, write down what you've felt has been an accomplishment and what could be worked on. Talk about it with each other, be as vulnerable as you both need to be." He closed his notebook, removing the glasses from his face. "I'll see you both next week."

- present day -

Yeah, just like that
Ah-ha-ha-ha

Ooh, hoo, hoo
Yeah, yeah

When I'm with you, I hear a song
That makes me laugh and smile and sing to you
When I'm with you, I feel so free
I feel that love is going to take control of me

I kissed around Anahi's face, us dancing in the living room as I sang off key. Her dimples deep as she giggled, her hands planted behind my neck as her fingers raked against my skin.

That shit had me ready to take her down.

When I'm with you
It's for real [It's for real]
What I feel [What I feel]
When I'm with you [You], uh-huh

When I'm with you, I wonder why
People do stop and stare and smile at us
When I'm with you, the sun shines my way
Baby, our love reflects its rays of light on everyone in the world

When I'm with you
It's for real [It's for real]
What I feel [What I feel]
When I'm with you [You], Hey, hey, hey

"I love you poppa." She smiled up at me, standing on her tiptoes to give me a kiss. "I know we've been struggling these last couple of weeks, but just know we always bounce back."

"Cause we don't let little shit get in the way like we used to." I licked the corner of my lip, my hands resting at her waist. "Our little fights was just that, little and ain't mean shit. But forreal, watch how you be talkin to me with the lil reckless mouth you got."

"You the reckless one." She playfully rolled her eyes, poking my chest. "I'm only matching your energy, so bloop." She stuck her tongue out childishly. The slick nigga that I was, I bit her tongue before picking her up and sucked on her tongue as we kissed, she moaned into my mouth before pulling away, her bottom lip popping back into place as I released it. "The kids not here, what you tryna do?"

"What happened to ion wanna have sex?" I chuckled lowly, mocking her. She rolled her eyes, huffing. "You miss me?" I spoke lowly, my eyes scanning her face, drinking in her natural beauty, my hands holding her ass as her legs were wrapped around my torso.

"You haven't touched me in some weeks cause of everything going on...so of course I miss you." She looked down between us, biting her bottom lip. I released a breath, shaking my head. This shit was gon piss me off. "I'm not saying you haven't been affectionate, because we've both been busy with work and this court hearing coming up..I just don't want you to drown yourself in this street shit." I nodded, lifting a shoulder.