Every Single Time

Start from the beginning

Damn, she really did go all out.

"Hey Happy," She greeted the small racers who already had stars in his big eyes and drool oozing from the corner of his mouth.

"Lucy. . . What. Is. That?" Happy admired the dish before him with such love, Lucy could imagine the wedding already.

"It's your dinner," She grinned happily and quite proudly as she placed the dish before him, allowing him to dig right in and fill himself up.

She gazed behind Happy to only see the slight fluff of pink hair. Why wasn't he being excited about the food? Instead, he just waited at the table with such a blank expression. Did he not want to be here?

Lucy gently picked up the two plates and placed them on the table, hesitating to glance at Natsu because of whatever reason why he's acting so weird. 

After one glance, Natsu was eating quite fine. He was eating normally, digging in and making a mess as usual. But he wasn't talking to her. And now, Lucy was getting pissed right off the fly. But she didn't let it ruin her deliciously prepared dinner.

So, they ate.

They ate quietly and quickly. Natsu devoured it as usual as Lucy properly finished off, picking up the two plates, as well as Happy's, and taking them to the sink where she washed them with soap.

Seeing their surprisingly quiet dinner, Happy glanced at Natsu with confusion and worry broad in his eyes. And when he caught Natsu's eye contact, Natsu looked annoyed for whatever reason. He apologizes for forcing him here but he didn't think he would be this mad.

"Nats—. . ." Happy began quietly and calmly only to be cut off by Natsu's stare. And now, Happy felt as guilty as ever. He didn't think it would be like this at all.

After Lucy had finished cleaning the dishes thoroughly and putting them up, she glanced back to the place Natsu and Happy ate.

Happy was dead-asleep on the arm chair and Natsu was gone. Most likely, went into her room. Like normally.

If she's lucky, maybe Natsu's still Natsu and wanted to sleep in her bed. And that was a first—her admitting she wanted Natsu to sleep in her bed. And to be honest, she wasn't sure it was because she was slowly starting to realize she loved him or because she just wants him to be normal? Which ever one, she hopes he's normal.

So, she ambled straight on into her room and made eyes with Natsu which came out completely awkward as she didn't expect this at all.

The faintest of a light blanket caked each other's cheeks as they faced each other but Natsu just turned around on his side whilst on the bed.

Come on, really? At least say something. Rude. Lucy would've at least expected a "hi" or "good night". But no, nothing.

She stepped in and left the light which was on her bedside table, on.

She softly sat on the other end of the bed, "What did I do this time, Natsu?" She started, hoping to at least catch some form of attention.

Nada; nothing.

She licked her bottom lip and tried again. "Natsu, you can't come into my house and not say anything. Rather it was me or Happy or someone or something. But, I want to know. Why? I don't know! I just. . . You're my friend and. . . Its kinda my job to make sure you're okay."

"It's your job to drive me crazy."

She got a response, finally, at least. But was it worth it to just get of what's meant in a sentence? Even if she doesn't understand it?

"I drive you crazy?" Lucy questioned, to see if she can get more out of what he meant.

Last time she checked, it surely you who drove her crazy, Mr. Cutie.

Natsu turned and finally got on his feet on the other side as Lucy gazed at him sternly, resisting the temptation to look away from just the way he was. His cuteness, even that hidden hotness; it was everything.

"Yes, you." He corrected her, gazing down into her eyes so sternly, she could barely bring herself to blink. "You're the one who keeps me awake. You're the one who goes to me at the guild everyday to see of what type of job we're doing. You're the one who cooks for me every single freakin' time I come here. You're the one who thinks it's okay to walk into my life looking so beautiful and think it's okay to mess with me like that. Lucy, do you know how fast my heart is beating even just from you walking into the room? Even from me just making my way here? 'Cause I can assure you if I lived like this on the daily basis and were to get scared, I would die right there on the spot." Natsu's glare made it worse. Lucy was already speechless as it was and now she could swear her heart just skipped multiple beats.

"Natsu, that isn't just you! How do you think I feel? Heck, for once, I actually got scared/ to make dinner for you and Happy! If only you could actually think about me just a tiny bit more, would you realize that literally, all of this that I've done is for you. And maybe some for Happy. But mainly you. I've worried for you and thought about you and you should know that the feeling is mutual. And it's shaking my whole life just to say this; I think I've fallen for you. You can throw me to the side but those feelings won't change. I couldn't change them even if I wanted to. But it's you." Lucy could not believe she just said that in all so quick. She's lost it, was what she could only think.

And for a moment, Lucy could swear she the smallest of a grin on his face.

"I've fell for you too." He said so quietly yet loudly. It was so surprising she managed to catch that.

"But I—. . ." She couldn't even figure out the right words. "I can be so. . ." Goodness, Why couldn't she just speak?

"Luce," He grinned.

"What?"

"Is it bad to say I wanna kiss you or will that annoy you?"

Lucy softly grinned back, seeing his thought was exactly what she wanted and she even knew about it. "No, not at all."

And with that, with no further questions, Natsu quickly ran up to her despite how short the trip was and wrapped his arms around her waist, picking her up in the process. As he did that, he planted his warm lips right on hers as she eagerly followed along. It was so soft and passionate and exactly the thing she needed to settle herself down. Who would've thought he would be such a good kisser? And by the looks of his eyes when he closed in, by the way he glanced at her eyes so warmly than quickly glanced down to her lips to only kiss her so passionate straight after, she really did fall in love, she supposed. And did she regret it? Nope, not at all. It just turned out to be one of the most wonderful experiences of her life.