I laughed, a grin on my face as I looked over to him. “It’s fine, sorry about sort of insulting him. It’s good to know that you guys are such good friends.”

We kept going at almost a jogging pace. The adrenaline of being free, and knowledge of what we were doing was enough to keep us going. We were now wandering through the neighborhood that seemed to go one forever. By car, our fathers would have been sure to catch up to us, so we kept the pace up, but we were hopeful that we were inside of the maze of houses enough to stay hidden until we could find someone who would call the police for us. 

The lights in the distance, a few miles away was proof that there was a city nearby, and I sighed at the first peak of humanity I’d seen since the day I was taken.

“Thank you so much, Daehyun. It means more than you know. If I make it out of here, I’ll have to find a way to stay in touch. I’ll never forget you. I can’t believe we’re almost there, I mean, there’s certainly someone in the city will help us.”

“Yes, for sure. And you’ll make it out of here. This abandoned neighborhood can’t stretch on forever.”

“I’m just so relieved, I don’t believe it. I don’t believe we will make it,” I said between breaths. 

“It was easier than you thought, huh?”

“Totally. I could have made the journey myself if it came to it, but the dioxin poisoning probably wouldn’t have been good for me and who knows, maybe my life would have ended in that horrible house before I got the chance to really escape.”

“Hey, don’t think like that.” Daehyun’s bright eyes sparkled as he looked at me. I smiled, but before I could say another word, a scream came out of my mouth on instinct as I ran into a hard figure. I scrambled backwards, yelping as the arms enveloped me.

“No! Let go!”

“Hey, hey, who are you?!” Daehyung yelled, grabbing at the arm that was around me. In the dark, I had no clue who it could be who was holding me, so my mind instantly went to the worst.

“Daehyun, help!” I screamed, trying to wiggle out of the embrace. I suddenly heard a groan and a small snap before the arms left my waist and the person who was holding me fell to the floor. Daehyun fell to the ground next to the person, grabbing their forearm.

“Hey! Sujin! Heck!” A shockingly familiar voice rang out, chilling the blood in my veins and making me instantly freeze in place.

I gave the person on the floor a good look, as he was now off of me, and gasped as tears started to fall instantly. “JUNGKOOK!”

“Is it you, Sujin? Is it really you?” he asked, before groaning. “You’re alive!”

“Who the heck is this, Sujin?” Daehyun asked, inspecting Jungkook.   

“It’s my brother,” I said, shaking with relief. I fell into Jungkook’s arms as he held me in a hug. “How did you find me? How the heck d-did you…” I stopped as a cry choked me.

“You’re alive! And you’re safe,” Jungkook sighed.

“I kn-ow I’m safe,” I cried. “Jungkook, how did you f-find me?”

“I- well, ah, it’s a l-long story,” he said through sniffs. 

“That’s alright. You can tell me when we’re home.”

“But, uh, I think your friend.. I think he broke my foot,” Jungkook moaned as I slid out of his embrace.

“O-Oh,” I gasped as Jungkook clenched his teeth. “Are you okay?”