Chapter 18

CHAPTER 18- Pub. June 7, 2019

As expected, the moment my eyes met with each member’s, as they were all gathered either on the couch or the living room floor, I instantly felt a lot worse.  I saw the glossy eyes and tears silently stare back at me.                        “Um,” I started, not really sure what to say. Jimin was still standing with me, as he was obviously nervous too, but he went and sat with Yoongi on the floor, leaving me standing in front of the crowd alone. His presence was calming when he was standing with me, but now, I was really nervous that he had left my side.

“It’s okay Sujin, just speak and we’ll listen,” Namjoon told me noticing my hesitation.

I took a deep breath before finally speaking. “I’m sorry for worrying you all, I handled the situation in a childish way and it was very stupid of me. I was scared, so I acted like that, I- I just got worried that you wouldn’t want me anymore after all the trouble I caused you. I knew that maybe you wouldn’t actually take me back, but something kept telling me that I messed up really bad and that you would hate me. I don’t know what made me think that, I wanted to talk to all of you but I couldn’t get the thought out of my head. So it just stayed there,” I started.

Hoseok looked up at me, his eyes showing worry for what he was about to ask.

“Do you want to leave?” he croaked, showing that he was happy to get the heavy question off his chest, as it was obvious that he had been holding the question in since I came down.

My eyes widened, and I replied almost instantly, no hesitation in my voice, “No! I was worried that I was going to be the one sent back, I never thought of leaving. I just needed some time to think, and going to the studio with Yoongi gave me that time,” I explained. “Speaking of which, this morning, I’m sorry for not being here and making you worry more, you probably thought I ran away or something bad ‘till you found Yoongi’s note. Please don’t be mad at Yoongi for taking me to the studio, I was awake and probably not going to fall asleep anyway. Being at the studio really helped me get my mind off things, it made me feel better about everything. So again, I’m sorry for all the trouble and worry I have caused you, I won’t blame you if you’re mad. I would probably be mad if I were in your position,” I finished, before I closed my eyes and let out a sigh of relief. “One thing led to another, and soon, it was a situation I didn’t want to face, which is why it took so long for me to talk to you.”

Everyone was silent for a minute, the only sound was from our breathing and the occasional sniffle from some of the members who were trying to not cry, but failing. Nobody wanted to speak, but they all knew someone would have to at some point.     Hoseok was the first to move, walking up to me and wrapping me in a warm, calming, embrace. Yoongi and Jimin joined next, the rest of the boys following in suit. I was in the center of one giant group hug. It was relaxing knowing that they weren’t going to yell at me. I could tell some of them were crying silently, and I felt bad that I made Hoseok, Jin, Jimin, and Taehyung cry, though, I thought it was good they weren’t bottling their emotions. Jungkook, Yoongi, and Namjoon had kept their tears in, as I knew Jungkook was trying to be strong for us, especially since he was the second youngest. Yoongi was naturally good at not showing his emotions, though I hoped he wouldn’t bottle them up for too long. Namjoon also seemed like he was trying to be strong for his bandmates, and me his little sister, because he was the leader.

    When we finally all backed away the boys seemed to have stopped crying, except for Jimin who still felt bad about the situation as a whole,

    “Okay,” Namjoon took in a breath, trying to keep his emotions at bay before continuing, “I thought I’d start with telling you we aren’t mad. More than anything we were concerned that you wouldn’t want anything to do with us anymore, and it was a honestly frightening thought. When we were coming home, we wanted to tell you about the articles before you found them. We never thought you’d be here before us.”