Chapter 14

CHAPTER 14- Pub. May 11, 2019

An unfamiliar beep alerted me as I woke. I smiled as I realized it was my new alarm. I sat up swiped the screen on my phone, which was the source of the alarm. I stopped the music, which was a piano version of ‘Hold Me Tight’, one of the songs BTS had released in one of their most recent albums.

Just like the few days before, I awoke with a smile. That is, until this time, since it disappeared quickly, once I realized today was going to be my first day back at school. I groaned and fell back into the bed. Maybe I could just stay in bed for a little, and the members would let me be home one more day.

Then, I heard a knock on the door, followed by a voice, “Sujin?”

“Yes?” I replied.

“Ah, good, you’re awake. Why don’t you get dressed, and then head downstairs for breakfast and we’ll help you get ready?” they asked. I could tell it was Jin.

“Okay,” I agreed. I wasn’t getting out of going to school.

I hopped out of bed and grabbed the mustard yellow uniform Jin had brought me earlier. It was the standard one for the school, with a yellow jacket and navy blue skirt. It had a bow near the collar, and I was required to wear white socks that would show just above the shoes of my choice. (A/N: This is not the actual uniform that Middle Schools in Korea require, you might recognize it as similar to Jungkook’s High School uniform, and I did some research but all Middle Schools are different so I decided it can just be a version on Jungkook’s High School uniform, so I hope that works. ALSO, I’m going to do some describing of Sujin, but please remember, she can look like and be whoever you like, even yourself, this is just how I’d want her, so I’m describing her as this, but you can follow my description or make her your own :) )

After my morning routine was done, along with slight makeup, I headed downstairs. My dark brown hair was down and in slight curls, and my uniform was quite cute, in my opinion.

“Ahhh, there she is,” Jin smiled as I entered the kitchen. “I knew the uniform would fit you perfectly.”

“When Jungkook got his first uniform for High School, his top was two sizes too big, and his pants were two sizes too small” Taehyung told me. I laughed.

“You match Jungkook, now,” Namjoon said.

“Yes, it’s kind of weird how the Middle School uniforms match the High School ones. Back where I used to go to school, the uniforms were different depending on school, but I guess each district is different,” I explained.

“I think it’s cute,” Jin smiled. “The two maknaes wearing matching uniforms.”

“Wait-” Jungkook started with longing eyes. “I’m not the maknae anymore.”

“Ha!” I laughed. “Did you just now realize that?”

“Mm,” he smiled. “I’m still the BTS maknae,” he concluded.

“Yes, but I’m the maknae,” I prodded

He shook his head, “Ehm, no.”

“Is Jungkooki-ie getting jealous that someone is taking his spot?” Taehyung mocked. Jungkook puckered his lips, not wanting to show the secret envy sprouting inside of him.

Jin came to the table with two plates, each filled with eggs and a slice of toast. He placed one in front of me and then Jungkook before going back to prepare the other some for the other members.

“I shouldn’t be asking this, Sujin,” Jin started from behind the bar table inside the kitchen, “But how are you feeling about school today?”