Chapter 25

CHAPTER 25- Pub. August 14, 2019

I woke up, and grabbed my phone as my eyes adjusted to the light. I remembered all the events of the night like a bad dream, and for a second I wished that was all it was.

    It was about noon, as I had slept in. It took me a while to fall back asleep from everything I heard the night before, and not to mention I never got that glass of milk to help me sleep well.

I opened the app store and realized Aecha never let me have social media. I made a few accounts on different platforms behind her back at one point, but I decided it wasn’t worth the trouble and worry of possibly getting in trouble. Now that I was under the boy’s watch, I could probably grab Instagram or Twitter so I could follow the boy’s account.

    I downloaded Twitter first, as I knew the boys used it quite often. I logged back into my account, and instantly saw that there were 100+ notifications.

“Well, I guess that’s what happens when you leave your account for a year. I wonder who in this world would want to interact with my account, though,” I mumbled to myself.

I went to my notifications and saw that as far as I could tell, they were half and half of two interactions- follows and mentions.

I decided to go to my home screen and see how many people had followed me. I was shocked to see that 1.5k people had found my page and followed me.

Yes, I had a few little selfies from a year ago, but not much other than that. I didn’t put a last name, so all they knew was that I was named Sujin and they had the few pictures to tell it was me.

I then went back to mentions to see what people were saying. I was super curious, as other than the Vlive, this was the first time people would be giving their feedback and ideas on the situation.

The first few were nice, saying things like, “This is the official page for BTS’s new sister! Please go follow her and give her all the love and support you can, even though I don’t think she’s active.”

Some were asking me to post more pictures of me or the members, or to be more active. I decided I would be.

Some were compliments, which was a little new to me, having people I didn’t know say I was “pretty” or “kind”. I had a good time scrolling through most of them, until I hit a bad spot.

“Don’t follow this profile, unless you want to hate on it,” read one. “It’s the profile of the traitor stealing our Bangtan Boys.”

“It’s BTS’s little girlfriend… be careful…”

I groaned in frustration, and turned off my phone. No wonder Aecha kept social media away from me.

I mean, sure, people ‘knew’ me now.  But this was a bad place to be. I sighed, realizing this was probably what the members dealt with every day.

I could smell food from downstairs and that was the only thing I could think about.

I quickly got dressed and did my hair before running down the stairs. Jungkook was sitting in a chair at the end of the table, eating. I gave him a shy smile as I passed him on my way into the kitchen. I wanted to let him know I wasn’t going to hold much against him anymore, except for a tiny part of me that longed to hear his story again, for myself.

“Good morning, Jin,” I said, walking next to Jin where he was cooking, fried potatoes, and bacon.

“I guess I should say good afternoon, Sujin-ie,” he laughed.

“Yeah, true. I didn’t know I was so tired. I guess I just needed some time to get my energy back up. The last few days have been… something.”