Chapter 39

Jungkook’s POV

“I’m so, so happy you came, Jungkook,” Aecha told me as I followed her into the common room.

The first room I met her.

“Of course,” I told her, slightly distracted by the nostalgia that lingered in the room. 

“It means a lot to me that you’re willing to talk to me about this. Uh, please, sit,” she told me, motioning to the couch that faced a chair that she took. “I’m just as worried as your are.” Her eyes sparkled with tears as she tried to express her sorrow. 

She didn’t hurt as much as I did.

“I apologise that the others didn’t come,” I told her, ignoring my thought.

“I understand. I’m assuming they aren’t taking the situation well, are they?”

“I’m afraid not.”

They didn’t hurt as much as I did.

“The police stopped by. I gave them everything I could, but I don’t know how much I could have helped.”

“I could say the same.”

“So,” Aecha shrugged, seeing that she wasn’t getting anything out of my short responses. “Did you want to talk about anything?”

“I’m not sure,” I mumbled honestly, tracing my fingers down the seams of the couch. “I know it was her father.”

“Pardon?” Aecha asked, either because she couldn’t hear me or she wasn’t sure what I meant.

“I know it was her father who took her.”

“You do?”

I nodded. “Sujin saw him earlier. He’s been in the area. She’s been fearing him, after encountering him, and we told her we’d keep her safe. That’s why I can’t help but feel like I could have done more-” I tried to say, but stopped as I came closer to tears.

“Oh,” Aecha said, her eyes now wide as she thought. “You all voiced your concern earlier, didn’t you?”

“Yes. We told the police everything, though. There’s not much more we can do.”

“Do you know anything else? I’m afraid I haven't been able to follow up on the story as much as I’d like to. The officials have been taking you and the other boys’ words more and I’ve been out of the loop.”

“Ah, yes, I see. Well, we have another suspect, but really, I think they worked with her father. There is a stylist we have working at the company. She was going to leave for L.A. that night, but she disappeared along with Sujin at the same time. We haven’t heard from her since then, not to mention, my manager, who is Sujin’s uncle, hasn’t been able to get in contact with her dad since that day. They must have been working together. Not to mention, the stylist, Suhee, always talked of how she would visit a friend in America often. Sujin’s dad has been living in the States for the last while. It makes sense.”

“Wow, well then I see you’ve made a lot of progress.”

“Knowing who may have done it doesn’t help us find her. We have no clue at all where she could be. They could have taken her anywhere.”

“I understand that.” Aecha nodded.  “I’m so sorry, Jungkook.”

“I’m sorry for you, as well. You knew her better than anyone.”

But she didn’t love her more than anyone.

“It’s a loss for all of us,” she agreed.