Chapter 7

CHAPTER 7

The distinct smell of potatoes filled my nose, and I opened my eyes. I was in a small but fairly sized room with white walls and a wooden door on the side I was facing. I could tell sunlight was shining through a window behind the bed I was in. I instantly remembered where I was, and I sighed as a warm feeling engulfed me. I was home. I was at my new home. I was wrapped in a large and fluffy blue blanket, and I pushed it off of me as I sat up. I was slightly uncomfortable being in this room alone and not knowing where the others were, so I stood and pushed the already halfway open door all the way open and slipped through it, not bothering to take in the details of the room. I'd probably be back soon to discover that later.

I turned to the left and smiled at the new hallway I knew I'd be getting used to soon. Stepping down the stairs, I saw about five of the boys at the kitchen table with food.

"Sujin!" Taehyung squealed, getting up from his place at the table to come and hug me as I arrived. "Come eat!" he told me, and I happily followed, placing myself in a seat beside Jungkook to the right of the table.

"Sujin!" Jin exclaimed, seeing I had entered. "I'll get you some food. How did you sleep?" He asked from the other side of the counter where the food was being made.

"Good, actually. There was usually always one thing or another going on at the orphanage in the middle of the night that interrupted my sleep," I explained.

Jin laughed, "Then I hope that's another reason you'll enjoy staying here. That will be your room for now on. I hope you like it."

"Mm, of course. Anything is great, really."

Jin smiled as he placed a plate in front of me. My mouth started watering as I looked at the peculiar, crisp hash browns and eggs laying on my plate, the distinct smell that would make anyone think of breakfast filling my nose. They looked different than what I was used to, but I was eager to try anything manufactured by Jin. I could only awe at how Jin had acquired such great cooking skills, and I decided I'd definitely have to show great esteem towards him in the future for it. He was a magistrate over the boys, as well as probably sometimes a mother figure, which seemed nice but was a little funny to think about. Although, thinking about it that was made more sense as to why he cooked so much. The two smells mixed with each other perfectly, and I was almost happy I couldn't distinguish one from each the other.

I started to dig in, but stopped to glance at Taehyung who was being ignorant of how loudly he was eating. I giggled, earning a grin from him. Hoseok came in, running his hand through his hair as he sat. He looked tired as he watched Taehyung grab a small ketchup bottle sitting on the table and smother the red sauce all over not only his hash browns, but his eggs as well. Hoseok made a disgusted face, and Jimin started to giggle at Hoseok's reaction.

"Hey, whatever suits Taehyung, suits him," Yoongi replied in a monotone voice as Jimin tried to calm himself.

"So, Sujin," Namjoon started, putting down his fork to speak. "We've got today and a few days after off of work. We are allowed to use those to get to know you better and make sure you get settled before we start sending you to school and we get back to our schedule," he explained, and I nodded my head. "Today, are you okay with going and gathering your stuff from the orphanage?"

"Yes, I'm good with that," I agreed. "I'm not sure if Chinhae knows I'm leaving for good, so I better say my goodbyes to him and the others."

"Good idea," Jin nodded, heading over to the table with a plate full of food for himself. "How much stuff do you have?" He asked.

"Mmm," I mumbled as I thought. "A few boxes full. I don't need to keep the bed or any of the drawers, plus Aecha probably would like to keep them so just my cloths and a few things I use to keep busy needs to come with me," I explained.