Chapter 24

CHAPTER 24- Pub. August 8, 2019
I woke up and looked at the clock on my nightstand. It was 1 in the morning.

I felt restless, I didn’t remember my dream but I knew I hadn’t liked it, and I felt like going and getting a drink for my dry throat before I tried to fall back asleep.

I entered the hall, and heard voices coming from the stairs. I figured a few of the members were still awake and downstairs, so I decided that would be my best bet, to go down and ask for a glass of milk.

I walked down the stairs, starting to hear louder voices. As I neared the bottom, and I hidden behind the wall that separated the stairs from the rest of the kitchen, I realized the voices were urgent. I decided to wait a second, hidden in my spot before I continue into the kitchen, in case it was a bad time for me to be there.

As I sat there, Jungkook’s voice echoed inside my head, as a memory from earlier, “He stared at me blankly, before his eyes narrowed. ‘So you’re listening in on our conversations, now?’”

“Jungkook, listen, I need to know what you and Jimin were talking about that upset Sujin like that.”

Oh great. It is about me.

“It’s not your business,” Jungkook spoke back.

“Excuse me, the second you joined Bangtan I took a parental role for you, you were only fifteen! It’s my responsibility to take care of all of you, including Sujin now. I don’t know who’s fault it is, this mess between you two, but I’ve got to hear what you have to say. It’s my right to know.”

“Fine,” Jungkook said. “I’m not very fond of Sujin. At all.”

“Yeah, like that wasn’t clear enough?” Jin scoffed.

“Why?” Namjoon asked, ignoring Jin’s comment.

“Well, what about all the problems that have come up in the last week. More than we’ve had in a few years combined.”

“They’re not going to kill us, Jungkook. Sujin’s a genuinely sweet person, and none of this is her fault.”

“Why do you think that? What about all the fans calling Sujin the one at blame. We’ve got about a thousand at least people would disagree with you, Hyung.”

“Do they know the real facts?”

“No, but do you either, Jin?”

“I sure know a lot more than they do!”

“Oh, right, so Sujin’s just a ‘poor little girl from the orphanage’, I mean, she ended up there for a reason.”

“Yeah, she did. A reason you don’t know, because you didn’t care enough to come even when your manager called. Where were you, by the way? I’m surprised Sejin didn’t get onto you more about it. It was an important discussion about Sujin. You missed a lot and you’ll be lucky if anyone wants to actually fill you in on it.”

“I told you, if it’s about Sujin, it probably doesn't concern me.”

“Where’s the sense in that?” Namjoon said, stepping in. 

“Jungkook,” Jin sighed. “If all we’ve told you isn’t enough to make you care, listen, remember when we suspected Yoongi might have PTSD?” There was silence, so I assumed Jungkook was looking at Jin with a confused face. “Post-traumatic Stress Disorder.”

“Yes, Hyung, why?”

I inched further down the stairs, and I could finally see the three if I poked my head slightly around the wall. It was indeed Namjoon, Jin, and Jungkook. They were all gathered inside the kitchen, Namjoon’s arms crossed, Jungkook leaning on the counter, and Jin standing near the sink.