Chapter 12

Pub. April 19, 2019

I sat, waiting in a spare room at the company building. For the last half an hour, I had been anxiously wandering the room with my eyes. There was a counter with a sink and some cabinets. On top of the blue countertop to the right of the sink, there was a coffee machine.  To the left of the sink, a mini fridge was placed. Yoongi had shoved me into the room, telling me there were snacks and drinks in the fridge and cabinets, and then left abruptly with the others. Before we went to the Big Hit building from the mall, Jin had driven and grabbed every last one of the members. Namjoon had the same disturbed look on his face when we got him, along with Yoongi.

Nervous butterflies had been living in my stomach for the last several minutes. I had my phone, but I didn't feel like doing anything on it to entertain myself. I wanted to think. Though, the only thing I could think about was why we were here and what conversation was going on inside Sejin’s office.

I sighed and slumped in my chair. Looking out the window, I saw almost the same view as I could see every day from my room at the orphanage. The sky was bright blue with a few puffy clouds. The sun was bright and full. Underneath the delightful sky, several buildings of Seoul were lined up next to each other in the busy city. The street in front of the building was plain with only a few parked cars occupying the sides.

But then, suddenly,  the door swung open and I abruptly sat up straight in my seat. I was expecting to see one of the boys, telling me we could leave, but instead, I saw a pretty, kind faced woman. She looked to be in her twenties, thought she could have been older because I noticed that she had a full face of makeup on. It looked nice and professional.

“Sujin?” she called. She knew my name?

“Um, yes?” I nervously responded.

“Hi, I’m Suhee,” she told me, closing the door halfway behind herself and walking towards me. “The boys told me you were here, and I thought I’d say hi. I’m one of their stylist and makeup artists,” she introduced, bowing before holding her hand out to mine. I took it before bowing as well.

“Well, you already know my name, so I bet you know who I am,” I laughed.

“Oh yes, manager Sejin has talked a lot about you. We can all tell that the members are enjoying having you a lot.”

I smiled, “Oh, well, that’s good.”

She took a seat next to me, sighing.

“Do you, by any chance, know what they’re talking about?” I asked, watching her with curious eyes.

“Mm,” she nodded. “We’ve been told not to talk about it around you. But,” she peeped, sitting up. “It’s nothing you should worry about. I’m sure the members are dealing with it fine, and so is the company,” she assured.

We were both silent. I didn’t know what to say.

“Is- Is it about,” I paused. “Is it about me?”

Suhee drew in a breath, “Sujin, I wouldn’t worry about it,” she told me. I could tell she was hiding something.

“But-”

“The members will tell you when they want you to know.”

“But they shouldn’t keep secrets from me.”

“It’s not my secret to tell.”

“Secret?”

“Yes. You are far too young to understand this type of thing.”

“I’m thirteen.”

“Well you couldn’t possibly be mature enough. At your age, I bet you don’t even know how to make ramen.”