Chapter 34

CHAPTER 34- Pub. October 17th, 2019
I scrolled through my phone’s media feed. The boy’s new album was top trending literally everywhere. There were going to be tons of fans here today, at the preview comeback stage. The official comeback stage was set for May 12th, ten days from now. But, the boys were doing a preview for a few selected at a special event today, the day the album was released. It wasn’t their official comeback, but everyone was treating it as it was. It was still the first time they were going to perform the new songs for the album.

Taehyung walked over with his phone in hand and a camera in the other. “And here is Sujin.”

I looked  up, confused at first, until I realized he was filming for a Bangtan Bomb episode. I waved at the camera.

“Are you excited to see us perform live for the first time for a comeback?” he asked.

“Yes! I’ve only seen you perform once in front of fans, and even though I’ll be watching from backstage, it’s going to be awesome! I’m just slightly nervous for you,” I laughed. 

“Why, you think we’re going to mess up?” he pouted.

“No, no, but if I were to be going up on the stage in a few minutes, I’d be a nervous wreck. I guess I haven’t been trained as you guys have been, though.”

Jimin came up behind Tae, fiddling with his microphone around his neck.

“Ah, Jimin-ie.” Tae positioned the camera facing Jimin. “How do you feel about today’s stage?”

“I’m excited, ARMY, I love you.” He gave the camera a smile and a finger heart.

“Now wish us luck, Sujin,” Taehyung said, coming back to me.

“I love you boys! I know you’ll do well! I’ll be watching from backstage, don’t worry. Fighting!” I waved and Tae looked satisfied as he went to film the other members. Jimin sat down next to me and fixed his top as a stylist came to touch up his makeup. 

“Are you disappointed that you can’t come up to where you can see the stage live?” Jimin asked.

“Kind of. It’s mostly that you are forcing me to be watched by Suhee. She’s no fun.”

“Well Namjoon and Sejin trust her.”

“But I don’t.”

“It’ll be fine, Sujin. Just watch for us on the screen, enjoy our performance,  and it’ll be time for us to come back before you know it.”

“I know. It’s not like Suhee will bother me. Last time she paid so much attention to her phone, she didn’t see me sneak out.”

“Oh, I guess that's true, isn’t it?”

I nodded. “I’m going to see Hobi.” I stood and left Jimin to work on his outfit while I came to Hoseok who was sitting in a stylist’s chair. Suhee was working on his makeup while someone else worked on his hair. 

“What’s up, dongsaeng?”

“Nothing much, just wanted to wish you luck, even though you don’t need it.”

“Haha, thanks.” he thought for a minute. “It’s weird. It’s something different, knowing you’re in the back cheering for us. It gives me more of a feel of responsibility but reassurance at the same time. We have someone cheering us on, yet, we have someone expecting us to do well.”

“I don’t care if you do well or not, I just want you to have fun and make fans happy. Enjoy yourself, doing what you love. And I’ll enjoy watching you dance. Okay?”