Chapter 10

CHAPTER 10

I tucked my hands into my coat pocket, freeing them from the bite of cold surrounding me. I walked in silence as Jimin strutted beside me. Jimin had offered to take me down to the store near their home to grab some ice cream for dessert to bring back to the other members.

My thoughts were interrupted when Jimin drew in a breath, and his mouth hung open as if he had something to say. He closed his mouth, and then looked flustered. I watched him with curiosity.

"What?" I asked.

"Hmm?" he questioned.

"You looked like you were going to say something," I explained.

"Mm," he let out a breath. "I want to ask you something."

"I don't mind. Ask away. You should get to know me," I assured him, watching the cement sidewalk as I passed.

"You said that your mother left you on the doorstep when you were younger."

"Hah," I laughed. "Yeah, I know, typical orphan story, nothing exciting there."

"Well, I was wondering if you knew... anything else," he inquired. My breath quickened as I remembered what had happened earlier in the day. Did I know anything else?

"Jimin," I said slowly, "I don't directly know anything. But it's funny you ask, something actually happened today."

"Happened? Today?"

"Yes. And I didn't want to tell you guys because I wasn't sure I knew what it was, and to be honest, it's only my second day with you guys and I was being shy. I don't want you to think something is wrong with me, but I trust you, Jimin, and I want you to know what happened," I explained. Jimin nodded his head, and I could tell he understood what I meant.

"Please, tell me."

"Jin said something this earlier, and it made me remember ... something, and I'm not sure what, but I know it was from my childhood."

"And what was that?"

I sighed, "Well, Jin called me 'cute', which reminded me of Aecha. I thought it was just about that, but I had a deeper memory. There were more people and I was somewhere else. Sure, Aecha said that quite often, since I do know I was put in the orphanage when I was three, but I knew that the memory I had gotten wasn't from her. I think it was a memory of my parents..." I shivered before I continued, "But it wasn't very pleasant, and," I shrugged.

"Sujin," Jimin told me in a serious voice, stopping our pace in the middle of the sidewalk. He grasped my shoulders and our eyes stared into each others. "You can trust me. What was it about? I can see you stalling."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. I've just been thinking about it a lot and I don't know how to put this into words." I turned and keep walking. Jimin followed.

Silence.

"I don't know if I want to find out what happened to my parents. I know I had some for a while. I know I lived with them for a few years. I think I even remember my mother, and I don't think my father was very nice. Honestly, Jimin, I try not to think about it at all. I don't want to imagine the possibilities of what happened."

Jimin was quiet for a second, and then spoke, "I'm sorry for bringing it up-"

"No," I interrupted. "I want to know too. I think it's time for me to figure it out. I don't know how, though."

"I'll help you. Uhm," Jimin took in a breath. "How much did you remember when Jin triggered your memory?"

"A lot but a little at the same time. It triggered a major flashback and it scared me. I've never had it happen before. I thought I was just going crazy or something, but I realize it was just a memory that came back. That's normal, right? I'm not going crazy?" I asked.