Chapter 2

They liked my dancing.

I hadn't really gotten a compliment on it before. Only mean criticism.

Once again, I started the video from the beginning, acing each step, I smiled as I continued. I was about halfway through when I heard Aecha yell for me.

"Sujin! Come down here please!"

I groaned and assumed she had heard them talking to me and was going to punish me. Still, obediently, I walked out of my room and to the kitchen where I found her.

"I promise, they came into my room, I didn't intentionally talk to them," I told her once she was in earshot.

"What?" she asked. "What do you mean?" She glanced at me as she passed me, almost out of the room before we could talk.

"Oh, um... never mind," I mumbled. "Anyways, what did you need me for?" I asked, seeing that she didn't have any intention to punish me.

"Would you please grab some of the folded chairs and place them around the living room so that the gentlemen will have a place to sit? They won't all fit on the couch."

"I thought you wanted me to stay in my room."

"I have to go help them, so please do it."

"Okay," I mumbled and went to work. I grabbed the chairs from behind the fridge, and then took them in pairs of two to the living room where I placed them around. As I was grabbing the last two, voices rang out and I noticed that the boys and Aecha were coming back. I hurried to get everything put in place so they could sit.

"Please, have a seat and we'll discuss your decision," she told them. Four took a seat on the couch, and then the other three sat on the fold out chairs I had placed.

"Let me introduce us, I'm Namjoon, this here to my left is Hoseok, Jimin, and Yoongi, and to my right, Taehyung, Jin, and Jungkook."

"It's very nice to meet you, boys. I'm glad someone will get an opportunity to go home today. Speaking of which, what are you looking for?"

"Well, we're a boy band. Our company has some strict policies, and our manager saw that he shouldn't and couldn't change the already made rules, though we needed to take on some responsibility since most of us came in at a younger age. Adopting a child until they were ready to move out seemed like a great idea to him, so he's supporting this decision. I'm honestly surprised they let us. Our schedules are so packed, but we're really happy for the opportunity," Namjoon spoke. Aecha glanced at me, signaling to get out and reminding me that I was still grounded. I bowed, then left the room. I only made my way halfway up the stairs, though, not to my room. I wanted to hear more about these men, and see if they would adopt Chinhae.

"So preferably someone who could care a bit for themselves?" Aecha asked as I peered from the stairway, gripping the railing and sticking my head between the bars.

"Yes," someone responded.

"Do you have anyone in mind?"

"We want someone who is responsible, mature, and preferably not too old."

"Well, that shouldn't be too hard, considering our oldest is 13."

"But what about that younger boy, the one who draws?" one of them asked.

"Chinhae!" another recalled.

"Yes! He'd be great! He's very mature."

"But maybe too young. How old is he?" One asked.

"Six," Aecha responded, glancing at them with concern.

"That may be too long that we'd have to care for him."