Chapter 20

CHAPTER 20- Pub. July 7, 2019

The boys love you. So will ARMY’s. You are courageous. You are strong.

“Annyeonghaseyo, we are, BTS!” the boys said in unison.

“Annyeonghaseyo, I am Sujin,” I said, following the que. My phone got a notification, and I pulled it out. 

A new live from BTS has started: Surprise Live! An introduction to the new member of our Bangtan family!’, it read. I smiled, and put my phone on the small table in front of me, propping it up on my pop socket so the boys could see it. “Hello, ARMY’s!” Namjoon greeted. “We are here to discuss something that we thought necessary. This, here, is Kim Sujin. She will be joining us,” he continued. I tried to smile at the camera, but the comments caught my attention, immediately squeezing my heart.

IT’S JIMIN’S GIRLFRIEND!

Omg, is she dating the members?

I knew it! She’s going to be living with them because they all like her!

Hey, she goes to my school! My friend told me she’s dating the members, and I saw her with Jungkook!

Wasn’t she on the news? Where’s the baby?

BIGHIT CONFIRM THEY’RE DATING PLEASE!

No no no no no, this is not okay, ARMYs!

No fair, why does she get to date them?!?!

“Now, there’s been some rumors and speculations, and we’re here to talk through them. This, as I said, is Sujin. Let’s start from the beginning, shall we?”

Ooh, yes, tell us about your first date.

Did you think you’d have your first baby with her, Jimin?

Isn’t she a bit young, though?

“Namjoon,” I mumbled, looking at the comments. It seemed to panic him as well, so he continued quickly.

“Our manager told us about something a few smaller groups have been doing as well. We decided more responsibility would come if we adopted a younger girl to take care of. Yes, you all know our schedules are very busy, but we found the right person.”

ADOPTED?

YOU MEAN THEY AREN’T DATING?

Wait no fair!

How do you trust her?

They must still be dating, guys.

It’s a duh, they fell in love with their ‘sister’, y’all saw the pics.

“She’s 13, but very kind and responsible of herself. She goes to school, as many of you know, but there are a few things needed to be cleared up.”

I watched my phone screen as one of the camera crew people showed a picture in the corner of the screen. It made me uneasy, as the picture brought back the thoughts and feelings of the day before. It was the same picture as was shown on the news and printed on magazines.

“This picture was taken by a fan against our permission. That night, just a few days after we officially adopted Sujin, we sent her out with Jimin to grab a few things from the store. If you haven’t realized, the only thing going on in this picture is, uhm, Sujin, holding a large stuffed bear. As you can see, there’s a rack of them behind her. The picture is decisive. Many of you thought otherwise. I’d very much rather not go into details, but even our manager, Sejin, is here, to make the official statement.” Namjoon motioned to Sejin, and Sejin came into the camera view.