Chapter 21

CHAPTER 21- Pub. July 19, 2019

"Whew,” I sighed. “I’m glad that’s over.”

“So am I,” Taehyung agreed.

“Ahh,” Jin groaned as he stretched his arms above his head. “Let’s head back to the dorm now and try to relax.”

“Yes,” said Sejin. “You guys go enjoy the rest of the evening. I’m sure Sujin will be returning to school soon?”

“Agh,” I moaned.

“Hey, hey, there’s no rush, if you don’t want to,” Namjoon assured.

“I think I should,” I sighed. “Not too soon, but eventually. By next week, at least, once we know things have calmed down.

“Something Yoongi said earlier stuck with me.” I glanced at the older. “I knew I could handle this when you adopted me. What I’ve shown you all has been against that point. I will go back to school, because I need to be strong. And I need to stop being scared, worrying, fearing what will happen. I’m ready to embrace it head on, and be ready for anything.”

“Awe,” Hoseok moaned. “Don’t make me cry again.”

I laughed before walking over and hugging him.

“The sunshine can’t cry, or else it will rain, and nobody will like that,” I told him, making him smile. “Well, besides me, because I like the rain.”

At this, the boys erupted into laughter, and the staff started to clean up. The members helped the staff and quickly most people were leaving, as they had not expected to work today. The Vlive came a lot sooner than planned and all the staff had been at home, so I felt bad that they had to drop whatever they were doing to come help us with the Vlive. I made a mental note to thank them later, and before I knew it, we were heading out the door to go home. 

We piled outside and moved towards where we parked the van. I rubbed my eyes, as I was exhausted by the day’s events. They seemed to continue on and on, and it was hard to keep my focus on the boys who were walking a bit in front of me. The fact that earlier this morning, I had woken up at Yoongi’s office with the situation weighing on my shoulders like a boulder felt shocking. Now, the weight had been lifted, but it had left its impact. 

The car was at the end of the street we were walking on, and my feet dragged along as I tried to keep up, my eyes slightly watering from their fatigue. My mind’s thoughts became less and less clear as my head wanted to stop thinking.

Trying to make sense of my surroundings, I scanned everything across the street from me. Abruptly, a spark of light lit up my mind, as I saw something- someone I recognized. It was a small boy with light, almost brown hair, and curious, glimmering eyes. He was holding the hand of a woman I didn’t recognize, but I knew it was still him. 

It was Chinhae, or so I thought.

My eyes widened, but I still couldn’t see clearly. It was enough information for my mind to tell me it was him. 

The woman holding his hand was speaking, yet my mind didn’t process it at all. I had no clue what she was saying.

“No!” the woman scolded. “We have to get home, now! There’s no time to get ice cream!”

“But e-eomma,” he cried, gasping as he tried to breath through his tears.

“Chinhae?” I whispered, my heart racing as fast as my mind.

Chinhae couldn’t cry. Was it my fault? Was it because I left him?

“Chinhae!”

My feet started carrying me, closer, moving without my permission. My arms started pumping, my legs moving. My body was carrying me to Chinhae. I had to help him. I had to let him know I was coming- that I was here. I quickly made myself halfway into the road.