Chapter 32

CHAPTER 32- Pub. October 3rd, 2019

I looked down at the ground. Nope, too far. That’s a guaranteed broken bone right there. 

I looked at Hoseok’s bedroom window before deciding that the gap in between roof sections was too large and I could easily fall while attempting to jump from one to the other. Plus I really didn’t want to scare Hoseok out of his mind if he found me tapping on his window past midnight, soaking wet and on the roof. Nope, can’t have a dead Hoseok.

I sighed and turned back to my window. I needed to find a way to open it without alerting one of the members. 

I tried pushing it open. I knew it wouldn’t, it was locked. But I felt like if I pulled it hard enough…

I tried once more and I heard a click- I sighed in relief, until I realized it wasn’t the lock clicking open. The window had slid out of place, off it’s mount. There was absolutely no way I could open it now, especially without completely breaking it and earning an angry Jin.

I pulled my hair out of my face once again and looked around. I was stuck. The butterflies in my stomach became angry as I realized what situation I had put myself into. I wanted to laugh at myself but I was too embarrassed. 

I decided to sit back down on the roof and wait. For what, I wasn’t completely sure. If worst came to worst, I’d have to be here until early morning when one of the members left the house to see that I was sitting, soaked on the roof. 

I crossed my arms to try and keep myself warm, and once again listened to the rain. But the rain seemed to get louder, as if hard drops were hitting the window quickly. And then I realized what I was hearing. I spun around to face a smiling Yoongi.

“Ah,” I sighed in relief. 

“What are you doing?” he mouthed, almost laughing. 

I rolled my eyes and tapped on the window, “Help! Please!”

He laughed and then grabbed the window, pushing it back onto its track before sliding it open. 

“You are one interesting child,” he said with a wide grin. 

I gave him a glare, slipped inside, and ran to my bathroom to grab a towel. “Why is it so funny?” I asked, even though I completely understood his reaction. I would have laughed too if I weren’t soaking.

“Well, you see, I saw that the album was gone, so I decided you were awake and I wanted to ask if you had listened to it yet. So I came into your room and I found you sitting on the roof, soaked and acting like your window wasn’t broken and locking you out of your room.”

I bit my lip, trying not to laugh as I tried to dry my hair. The shivers were starting to come. 

“So what were you actually doing?”

I shrugged. “Chilling.”

“Oh, hm.” He put his finger on his chin as if he were thinking hard. “Sounds reasonable, but not reasonable.”

“Huh?”

“It’s something I’d do. But you…?”

“I tend to take other’s habits and personalities. Don’t be surprised.”

Yoongi raised his eyebrows. “I’m impressed.”

I sighed and walked to my closet. “Well, my window’s fixed. I’m going back out.”

“But seriously, what were you doing?” he asked.

“Thinking. And enjoying the rain. I much prefer it over the sun, thank you very much,” I said, then smiled, earning one from Yoongi in response to the pretend sass. “Want to join me?” I asked, then realized how I had been wanting to talk to Yoongi anyways. “Actually, could you? The rain’s slowing down and I wanted to ask you about something. The walls are thin,” I said, nodding my head towards the wall that connected to Hoseok’s room. I discarded my towel onto my bed, deciding to grab it later, and I opened the window once again to crawl out into the cold air that only had a few drops descending. I was happy to see that Yoongi had followed, silently answering my question. I hopped onto other roof and scooted to the side so that Yoongi could easily take a seat closest to the window.