Double Date

"So...how did it go?"

Cheep Cheep sat in the couch as Minka closed the door behind her.

"Great! Sunil really enjoyed it." She smiled, yawning before she plopped onto the couch next to him. The TV was on, a Spanish soap opera playing in the background.

"Aww come on! They always show this episode..." She rolled her eyes as she grabbed the remote, lowering the volume.

"Duh. It's just too good." Cheep Cheep chuckled.

Minka merely grinned, tossing the remote aside. She hadn't seen Cheep Cheep since they all went rollerskating together a couple of days ago, and it wasn't odd that he was at her house. They're neighbors, so of course he was always here and there.

For some reason, the day at the skating rink suddenly came back into her mind. Maybe now was the perfect time to hear his side.

"So...had fun at the rink?" She suddenly asked. Her cousin's gaze averted from the television back to her.

"Hm? Oh! Yeah, it was actually pretty cool. Thanks for letting me tag along." He smiled.

"And...What did you think of Mitzi? Pretty cool, right?"

"Oh yeah. Mitzi is pretty great. Amazing, really." He sighed lovingly, "I don't think I've ever met someone as confident as she."

"Oh? Do tell..." Minka felt a smirk form on her face.

"Well dear cousin, unlike everyone else I've met, Mitzi stood out to me for some reason. Charming, yes. But it's not all about looks. That's something I want you to keep in mind."

"Of course..." She rolled her eyes.

"But anyways, that girl can really skate! Like a lot! I was shocked."

"That makes two of us.." Minka sheepishly grinned. She recalled Mitzi just being graceful, meanwhile she and Russell kept wobbling and almost falling over a couple of times. (Especially since she was still a bit distraught that day). Just roll with it, she kept telling herself.

"So...you think you'd want to hang out with her again anytime soon?" Minka asked.

"Definitely."

"So...like hanging out as friends? Or something a bit more?"

"What's with all these questions, Minka?" Cheep Cheep raised a brow, grabbing a nearby pillow, "Is there something the matter?"

"Nothing!" Minka scoffed, letting out a giggle, "everything's a-ok!" She reassured, "Besides, I may know of something you two could do..."

"Oh?" He tossed the pillow right at her.

"Oof! Hey! I said MAY." She chuckled, throwing it back. "I just need to make one quick little call..." She pulled out her phone.

"Wait, what are you doing?" He perked up. Before he could say anything else, Minka pushed a couple of buttons before setting the phone in the middle of the couch, the caller ID reading Mitzi. Cheep Cheep felt his heart race as the phone rung.

"Minka! What are you-"

"Hello?" Her voice echoed.

"Hey! It's me!" Minka grinned. Cheep Cheep merely stiffened.

"Oh hi! How's it going? Good, I hope." Mitzi chuckled. The sound of her voice alone sent butterflies down Cheep Cheep's stomach. Minka noticed how his facial expression changed a bit too quickly, raising a brow.

"Well, I was actually wondering about something." She grinned, "remember how I told you I wasn't planning on going to the formal this weekend?"

"I do recall you mentioning it...why? Did something persuade you to change your mind?" Mitzi asked.