Have Courage!

It was currently NOT a typical Friday afternoon at Downtown City High. In fact, the school was once again preparing its annual school dance that will take place in the gym. Everyone enjoys this time of the year (mainly because there is an early dismissal from school).

Students are excitedly talking about the dance, thinking on what they should wear, who to take, how to fix their hair, and so forth. Even the teachers seemed pretty interested this year. Basically everyone anticipated this night of marvels.

Meanwhile, many students are currently in the gym, setting everything up for tonight. Zoe Trent, being the one in charge of the setup, was barking orders. Next to her was Russell, who was currently triple checking the checklist on his clipboard.

"Okay! I believe we are almost done with the setup! But just to make sure, I think we should go over the checklist one last time..." He looked over at Zoe, who gave him a nod of approval.

"Alright! So we have the tables, chairs, streamers, balloons, lighting... Wait a second..." He closely glanced at the clipboard.

"Is something the matter, darling?" Zoe asked, looking over at the checklist.

"It looks like we're missing the speakers. We can't have a dance without some music!"

"Never fear! We're here with the speakers!"

Vinnie and Sunil both exclaimed, carrying a set of speakers. They gave each other a huge grin.

Seeing this made Russell chuckle. Typical...he thought. He once again went over the checklist. Everything seemed in order.

The scenery was quite splendid. The dance committee decided for this year's theme to consist of decorating the gym as if it were a ballroom. The room sparkled with all the hanging ornaments, making the room shine brightly. The tables were nearly set up, with tea cups placed in a neat and orderly fashion, a plate of biscuits were in the center.

As he was admiring the scenery, Zoe quickly returned with news.

"We got the speakers connected and ready to go!"

"Perfect! It looks like our work here is done!" Russell happily exclaimed, checking off the last thing on the list.

The students happily cheered as for their setup is complete. A few began to leave, while others began to roam around.

"I'm going to go turn in this checklist to the front office!" Russell proclaimed, making his way out the door.

"Hey I'll come with you!" Vinnie exclaimed. "I need your opinion on this one suit I bought!"
Soon they both left the gym.

"This all looks perfect!" Zoe happily sighed. "Now the only problem I have is to choose my outfit for tonight! It has to be perfect!"

"Knowing you, I'm sure you'll fine something eventually." Sunil walked up to her and chuckled.

"But this night is going to be special! And I am going to have to look my best for our fellow student body!" She took out a small mirror from her pocket and began to look at herself through it.

"Zoe, you have been saying that since freshman year!" He exclaimed.

At that moment, Penny Ling entered the gym, fascinated by the decor.