Cookies

It was a cloudy Saturday afternoon Meaning, many people were spending the day doing something fun such as sleeping, playing video games, etc. However, there were two certain individuals who were currently hard at work.

Buttercream Sundae and her best friend Sugar Sprinkles were in the kitchen of the Sweet Delights making what seemed to be an endless platter of chocolate chip cookies. At this point, the two girls were already worn out, but they weren't stopping.

"My arms feel like they're gonna fall off any minute now...oh well..." Sugar Sprinkles informed her friend with a smile. She was known for her "calm" personality. She's always so happy and cheery! Well, except for that one time...

"For realsies? My head feels like it will KABOOM!!!" Buttercream imitated a bomb and fell back on some bags of flour. Sugar Sprinkles chuckled.

"Relax. We only have to bake 300 left by the time the day is over!"

"300?!" Buttercream exclaimed. "Wowzie! That's a lot of yummy yummy cookies in my tummy!" She giggled at the thought of eating that many treats.

"Yeah...if you're willing to BUY all of them, then be my guest." Sugar reminded her. The girls were making these cookies to fill a big order that was given to the shop. They were asked to bake a batch of 500 chocolate chip cookies in total, which were to be done by 3pm this afternoon. The two girls had came in really early in the morning. The first 200 were already done, but they were already exhausted.

"I think we're gonna need some helpity help in finishing these up!"

"Not to mention we've been going back and forth between the kitchen and the front of the shop. Someone's gotta be out there too..." Sugar Sprinkles added. At that moment, she had an idea.

"Do you think you could manage for about 5 minutes?"

"Absolutely truly!" Buttercream grinned.

"Yayy...now I'll be right back!" With that, Sugar Sprinkles left the shop to bring back some reinforcements...

_______

"Heyy...I'm so glad you guys agreed to this." Sugar Sprinkles smiled as she came back with Penny Ling, Sunil and Pepper.

"Oh it's no problem at all! I'm sure the others could manage back at the pet shop!" Penny Ling giggled.

"You know we would have brought Zoe along but her and chocolate don't exactly correlate..." Sunil shrugged, knowing that their diva friend isn't very fond of chocolate. She's allergic to it.

"Well let's get baking shaking!" Buttercream hopped with joy, knowing now that they'll help get the job done.

"So...how many do we have to make?" Pepper asked as she put on an apron.

"Oh...it's only 300!" Sugar Sprinkles responded.

"300?!" The three exclaimed while looking at each other.

"Didn't I tell you guys- oh wait...I forgot...oops...my bad..." Sugar Sprinkles chuckled.

"Who in Downtown City needs that many cookies?!" Sunil sputtered.

"Well actually, it's 600 in total!" Buttercream added.

Penny Ling gasped with concern. "Oh it's no wonder you need our help! You're both already tired from making the first 200! But don't worry! We'll do our best!" She assured them.

"Penny Ling is right! You can count on us!" Pepper grinned.

"Absolutely!" Sunil smiled.

"Aww you guys are so cute! Thanks a ton!" Sugar Sprinkles smiled. The 5 teens resumed in baking the rest of the cookies.

______

It took almost another 2 hours to finish the last 300. They had finished a little earlier than expected. Now they were ALL worn out from making these treats.

"Man...I'm beat...." Pepper sat down on a chair.

"Who knew baking so many cookies was going to be tough?" Sunil muttered as he checked his phone.

"Well...that was a lot of fun!" Penny Ling giggled.

"Yup. And to think we're gonna be all sore and tired for these next few days! Yayyy..." Sugar added, making everyone but Buttercream groan in frustration.

"Well that was a doozy of a day! Now all we have to do is wait for our customer to pick up these sweet treats!" Buttercream exclaimed.

"Oh! That reminds me..." Sugar Sprinkles went over to the oven and pulled out a batch of cookies. "I made some just for us!"

The others gathered around the counter as Sugar Sprinkles set the tray on top of it.

"Oh! I've been wanting to eat at least one all day!" Penny smiled.

"It's about time!" Pepper added, chuckling.

"I think after today, I am taking a break from cookies..." Sunil muttered.

"You mean cookies AND cupcakes?" Sugar Sprinkles corrected him.

"Cupcakes?"

"Well actually, we have an order for 200 cupcakes for tomorrow! Do you think you guys could help us again?" Sugar Sprinkles asked.

The three looked at each other for a moment and smiled.

"Well if it's not cookies, then you can count me in!" Pepper grinned.

"That makes two of us." Sunil added, smiling.

"Yeah! Plus it's not that many so we'll be done in no time! Oh! And we can bring the others with us!" Penny Ling exclaimed.

"You guys are the best of the best!" Buttercream exclaimed joyfully.

Let's just hope it's easier than today....