The Story Of My Life

"So that's how I got the football players to carry my textbooks home!"

That was the voice of Zoe Trent, who was currently in math class, talking to a small crowd of girls, who's seats were facing her. However, among that small group of girls was Pepper Clark, aka, her best friend. Pepper just groaned in boredom.

Zoe has been telling the same story all day! It got boring after the 2nd time!

"Oh but they're so strong! They carried them with ONE hand!" She and the other girls let out a lovesick sigh.

"Tell us, Zoe! Were they cute?"

"Did you get their number?"

"Did any of them ask you out to the dance? It's this weekend!"

Gag.

However at this moment, the math teacher comes in.

"Students! Please have your desks facing the front! It's math time, not story time!" The teacher glared at Zoe, who earned a scoff in reply.

15 minutes of class time pass by as Zoe leaned her head over to Pepper's desk.

"Sweetie, why didn't you say anything?"

"Anything about what?" Pepper asked her.

"You know! My story!"

"Oh....THAT...."

"Just what are you implying?"

"Look Zoe..." Pepper sat up straight and looked her in the eye.
"I get that you like having people do things for you and I completely understa-"

"I beg your pardon?!"

"Zoe! Pepper! Keep it down back there!" The teacher said, still facing the board for she was working on a math problem.

The girls turned to look at eachother again.

"Look. The point is that you keep telling everyone the SAME thing! We get it! The whole school by now already knows you have a thing for football players!"

"I do NOT!"

"Do TO!"

"Girls please! This is your last warning!" However, they didn't listen.

"What would YOU know about boys?"

"Oh I know a ton! I know for the fact that some of them are IDIOTS that aren't worth anything!"

"Are you implying that THEY are the idiots?! Don't you dare say that!"

"I. Already. Did!"

"Okay I have HAD IT!" The teacher snapped, turning to face the two girls. "You two! Go straight over to the principal's office NOW!"

"ME?" Zoe retorted, pointing to Pepper. "B-But she-"

"NOW!"

Zoe huffed and stormed out the classroom, followed by Pepper.

The two girls were currently sitting down near the principal's office.

She's completely ignoring me! Pepper thought to herself. Maybe I was being a bit harsh...

"Zoe I-"

"Don't say it!"

"Zoe I'm just trying to-"

"Okay Pepper I get it! You were right and I was wrong!"

"Won't you listen-...Wait...did you just say?..."

"Ugh! Do I have to repeat myself?!" Zoe glared at her. "You were right about those guys! I just realize who I was talking about and you were RIGHT! They're clueless..." She turned away from the comedian.

Pepper stared at her in awe. She never thought she'd live to see the day that Zoe of all people would admit she was wrong.

But not because of this!...
This is all my fault.

"Zoe I'm sorry!" She blurted out, "I know you're mad at me and all but please finish listening to what I have to say..."

"....I'm listening...."

Finally.

Pepper sighed and continued. "As I was saying, some guys ARE idiots...but that doesn't mean ALL of them are! I just want you to find the perfect person for you! One that isn't an idiot! Or a jerk..."

Zoe turned to face her, now regretting the anger she had placed upon her best friend.

"Oh Pepper I'm so sorry! I didn't think that's what you were trying to imply!" She went up to her friend and gave her a tight hug.

Pepper was startled at this sudden action, slowly hugging her back.

"Oh I feel awful! I didn't think you cared about my love life THAT much!"

"Are you nuts? Of course I care about you- your...love life! Heh!" She quickly corrected herself, chuckling in the process.

As soon as they released from the hug, the principal opens the door to his office and noticed the two teens.

"so...care for an explanation?"

The girls had completely forgotten that they were sent here.

Well then...

•••
Tf when the title of the chapter doesn't correlate with the chapter itself lmao. 🌚💦