♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₅₂

Start from the beginning

"Nah, I'm not." I chuckled lowly, adjusting underneath her as another yawn parted. "What time is it?" I scrunched my face, turning my head to check the time. It was a little after 4, the dinner party didn't start until 6. "How you doin today?"

"My mental is good, I'm content. I'm about to be surrounded around love, so I can't sulk." She smiled softly, her hand resting on my cheek. "I just wanna thank you these last couple of weeks." She bent down, placing a kiss against my lips.

"For what?" I inquired, my brows raised as she sat up. My thumb rubbing circles against her skin.

"For putting up with me. I know you aren't used to seeing me like this, and neither am I." She looked down, bringing her freehand up and wiping under her eye. "I know it's probably a lot to deal with."

"You ain't gotta thank me, baby. As your man, I'm always gon be in your corner. Don't ever forget it." I cupped her chin, lifting it so we were making eye contact. "I love you, Anahi. No matter what condition we're in, I always will. You ain't gotta cry, mamas."

"It's hard not to when you be talking like that." She chuckled silently, wiping at her tears. "I love you, Cairo." She smiled at me, showcasing her million dollar smile. I matched hers. "Com'on lets freshen up." She bit the corner of her lip, causing me to chuckle.

"Say less." I tightened my hold around her as I got up from the bed, walking us to the bathroom. I smirked as she placed her head in the crook of my neck, kissing up on me. Licking the corner of my lip, "I can't leave you alone. You got me feenin'." I sang off key, causing us both to laugh. "I ain't no singer forreal, but baby you just don't fuckin know."

"I do know." Anahi giggled, stripping from her clothes once I set her down. I followed suit. "I'm happy you're home to celebrate with us this year."

Anahi Santiago

I smiled at the love I was surrounded around. My soon to be husband really did an amazing job of getting our house decorated, the dinner he had ordered to be catered. He thought it out and that made me swoon, the man just knew what to do.

There were navy blue, gold and white balloons scattered on the floor of course. Kion having a blast as he held one and moved it back and forth in his tiny hand. Nayeli watching him as Kairi ran around with her cousins. Royalty, Malik's kids and Shooter's niece and nephew and Ava's little sisters.

My little chunky, I loved my son more than life itself. Kion really did give me more purpose, and I feel like with this other baby on the way will enhance that. I may have my moments, but I know this little baby that's growing in me is a blessing as well. I just didn't know how to process everything when I found out I was pregnant; my doctor was saying it was because my body hadn't fully healed or adjusted to what it used to be. I was doing much better though, and that's ultimately what matters to me.

"Hey honey." Mama Eve came over to me, engulfing me into a hug. "You're smiling more, that's good baby." She smiled, swaying us back and forth before pulling away.

"Cai says I'm getting better every day. I just wanna be better than what I was in the beginning of this pregnancy." I spoke honestly, biting the inside of my cheek. I wasn't ashamed, I was being accepting that I'm not the only mother who is going through this cycle. "I'm just taking it all one step at a time."

"We all see it, Nini and we're behind you." Mama kissed my forehead, wiping the tears that slipped from my eyes. "Whew! Let's stop these tears. Cai gon be on us if he catches us like this." She laughed, me following suit and nodding.

"What y'all doin?" Cairo walked over to us, a sly smirk on his face. I looked down as his mama looked off to the side, "Y'all better not have been cryin, we not doin that tonight." His tone gentle, but you could hear the seriousness behind it.