“Alright, my dongsaeng.”

“Love ya, Hobi,” I said, hugging him before going on to Namjoon.

“Hey Joon.”

“‘Ey Kid,” he looked up from his phone and smiled. 

“I can’t wait to see you perform.”

“I’m glad!” He had on black jeans with holes at the knees and a white button down with black images of random people’s faces.

“What’s with the shirt?” I asked.

“Oh,” he looked down and laughed. “It’s what we wore in the music video so we’re supposed to wear the same wardrobe.”

“Hm. I thought I recognized it.”

“Why they chose it in the first place, I will probably never know.”

“But the random faces..” I said, leaning down to examine it. 

“I know, weird right?”

“Totally,” I shrugged. 

“Then what do you think of the glasses?” He grabbed a pair of sunglasses that were wide and boxy, with an orange frame that looked red in the right lighting.

“Seriously?” 

He put them on. “Yeah?”

“Nooo, Namjoon. I’m sorry, but you look like a Hip-Hop diva mixed with a gorilla with those on.”

He laughed in embarrassment and took them off. “Not so fond of them myself but… they work?”

“They only work because you’re wearing them. You’ll pull them off fine, anyone else wouldn’t though. It’s marginal.”

“Well, thanks?” he laughed.

Suhee walked up, interrupting our conversation. “Namjon, you mind watching these tickets for a second while I run to the bathroom? I’ll just place them here,” she said, putting two plane tickets from Seoul to Los Angeles on the table in front of Namjoon.”

“Oh, sure,” he shrugged. 

“Thanks.”

“You still planning to leave tonight?”

“Yep. Right after this event.”

“Well, I hope you enjoy your break in the U.S.” Namjoon paused for a second, thinking. “Who’s the second ticket for?”

“A special friend.”

“Ah,” he nodded, and Suhee turned around and left. I was confused. I knew Suhee went to America to meet a friend often, but that should mean they were already there. Had they come to pick her up?

I decided it wasn’t my business to worry about the ticket and shrugged it off, trying to keep the fact that the tickets seemed oddly fake at the back of my mind.

“Well, good luck, Joonie.”

“Thanks. I’ll see ya later.”

I decided not to blame him for enforcing the rule that I stay with Suhee. Instead, I gave him and smile and retreated back to my spot on a couch with my phone. I zoned out pretty much until the members were giving me their last goodbyes before they headed off for the event to start.

As the evening went on, I watched the TV for the members, awaiting their performance. 

Suhee sat in a corner, where she didn’t bother me. She got a phone call a few times and eyed me suspiciously when she left the room to talk in private. When she was sitting back in the room, she wasn’t still, and her leg bobbed up and down as if she were waiting for something. She kept glancing my way, before scanning the room.