Chapter 72

Awe yeah, I'm back bitches! This story will be going under revision to correct minor problems, such as spelling and grammar errors, and I wanted to say that I removed the thing about jack supposedly getting his sight back!! I don't know what the hell I was thinking, but I completely removed that!

Thank you to everyone who waited patiently! Now, without further ado, let's begin!

- Brooke's POV, Time Skip One Week -

"Slow." Offender ordered sternly as he hand the small rock up in the air using his pale tendrils. If Offender had eyes they'd definitely be narrowed. The eyeless male had been helping me get the hang of using my tendrils with basic tasks, like grabbing a rock from him.

I concentrated, screwing my eyes shut as I focused on moving only one tendril up to where his was. Considering he was much taller, I had to stretch it, which was a bit uncomfortable, but not unbearable. Feeling the cold surface of the rock, I opened my eyes and saw the tip of my tendril was just grazing it. I pushed a bit harder and wrapped my black extension around the stone gently. Offender released his hold on the object, turning it over to me. "I did it." I said in disbelief.

Great job Brooke! You've improved so much over the past few days!

Offender chuckled under his breath. "Good, kid." His usual hard expression was softened as he stared down at me. I smiled happily up at the grinning man. "You're really improving." He sounded kind of like a teacher, but I didn't mind it. It was nice in a way.

Maybe you've finally grown on him.

I stifled a small chuckle as I brought the rock down to my hands,taking it and rubbing my thumb over the rough surface that had been wet with melted snow. "Maybe." I smiled to myself before tossing the rock back into the snow, receiving a satisfying crunch sound. If only Slender could see me now. My smile soon faltered a bit upon the thought, but I did my best to push it aside.

"You want to stop for today?" Offender put his slim hands into his coat pockets to keep them warm and away from the harsh elements.

I panned my vision up to the Slender. "Yeah. I want to go back inside anyway." I replied as i rocked back and forth on my heels.

Offender grunted in response and turned to leave, I followed. The walk was silent before Offender spoke up, back to me. "You've got power and strength in them," he started. "But, you've got to learn control." For the past week Offender has been helping me better control and understand the tendrils I was cursed with.

He's right, we don't want you to kill everyone when you meet them again.

I pouted. I can control them... I looked up from my feet and spotted the house in the distance. I smiled and jogged past my tall companion in the direction of the house. The cold air nipped at my nose and burned my lungs from within, but I didn't care, I was just happy to be moving again. It took a couple days, but the rigor mortis soon wore off and I was back to running and walking like I had been before everything. Give me a little more time and soon I'll be back everyone. I pushed open the front door and stumbled into the house. the warmth stung and enveloped my icy skin. Huffing happily, I kicked my shoes off and ran over to the couch where the blanket I had been using resided. Jumping onto the firm couch, I grabbed the soft blanket and wrapped it around my small body just as Offender came inside and shut the door behind himself.

Are you that cold?

Max laughed at me. "I'm freezing." I deadpanned as I tightened my grip on the soft fleece surrounding me.