Chapter 60

- Brooke's POV -

Brooke?

I ignored Max as I rolled over in bed.

You're over reacting.

" I feel like a fucking idiot Max. " I sniffled as I brought my blanket up and over my head.

You're fine.

I sighed and heard a knock at my bedroom door. " What? " I asked a bit annoyed from my bed. Nina opened my door and light from the hallway flooded into my cave of a room. " Do you want some breakfast? " Nina asked tiredlyas she stuck her head into my room.

Go eat and shower.

" Yeah. " I said as I threw my blanket off myself and stumbled out of bed. " Breakfast should be done in a half hour. " Nina said as she shut my bedroom door and her footsteps grew distance. Max switched the lights on for me and I instinctively covered my eyes as the light blinded me.

" Thanks for blinding me Max. " I said sarcastically as I made my way to the bathroom to shower.

- Time Skip -

I stepped out of the shower just as Nina knocked on my door. " Yeah? " I shouted from the bathroom. " Breakfast is ready! " Nina shouted back as I dried myself off.

I slipped into a pair of loose, black sweat pants and a black tank top before making my way down stairs.

I hopped off the last step as I smelled bacon and smiled to myself.

At least you don't smell like ass anymore.

Max laughed. " I did not!  " I said in a fluster as I made my way to the kitchen that homed the delicious food. I passed Alisha. " Hey Alisha, is Yvanna awake yet? " I asked with a small smile. " No, she should be awake in a little though. " Alisha answered as she grabbed a plate. " I got as much wood out of her wound as possible, though I doubt she remembers anything. " Alisha piled food onto her plate with a childish smile. " I'll heal her as soon as she wakes up. " I shoved passed Alisha and started to put food onto my plate. My mouth watered at he sight of the bacon and sausage. I can't wait to eat.

I finished making my plate of food and sat down at the dining able beside my younger sister.

Think ya' got enough food?

Max asked sarcastically followed by a small laugh. " No. " I laughed as I looked over at my younger sister who sat beside me.

" Hey Nina. " I greeted the blue eyed girl as I shoveled food into my mouth. " Hi. " Nina greeted me back as she ate her food. " How are you? " I made small talk. " Good. " Nina said flatly. I don't usually speak to my sister. Nor does she speak to me.

Not very social I see.

" She never has been. " I said as I took a bite if sausage.

Nina swallowed the food in her mouth and spoke up again. " Yvanna was mumbling something about the S.C.P. Foundation in her sleep yesterday. " Nina popped another piece of bacon into her mouth casually. " She was?! " I said as I nearly choked on my food. " Yeah, something about a man named James. Something or another. " Nina leaned back in her chair and stretched. " I'll ask her about it later. " I said as I finished my food. " Do you want me to take your plate? " I asked as I stuck my hand out.

Nina didn't answer as she handed me the cleared plate.

I took Nina's and my dirty plates and sat them in the sink to be washed later.

I jogged up stairs and made my way into Yvanna's room to check on her.

Yvanna sat awake on her phone with the window open.