Chapter 58

- Brooke's POV -

I was shaken awake by tiny hands and I rolled over to see who was waking me up. I met Charlotte's green eye and she smiled. " What...? " I asked groggily. " Good morning. " Charlotte said innocently. I laughed and rolled over completely to face her. I grabbed my phone off the floor and checked the time. 10:51 in the morning, March 12th.

Get up Brooke.

" Shut it Max. " I said as I sat up in bed. Charlotte ran out of my room with no warning and I laughed. I threw my phone onto the space next to me and yawned tiredly. 

I stumbled out of bed and into the hall way to go down stairs.

I stepped off the last step and headed for the kitchen to get something to eat. I opened the fridge and looked around. My dad just went grocery shopping a few days ago, so there's bound to be something I liked. 

As I looked around, I spotted some left over fried rice. Smiling, I pulled out the rice and threw it into the microwave for a minute. 

I pulled out the amazing food and took a seat the dining table. 

As I ate, a thought came to mind. " Where's my dad? " I asked out loud. 

I was waiting for you to ask that, he's out getting some basic furniture and paint. 

" He's crazy I swear. " I laughed as I continued to eat. Paint though? What room is he going to paint? All the rooms? I don't even know with that man anymore. 

I finished my food and set the dish in the sink to be washed later and went back up stairs. 

I stood in the hallway of the second story and contemplated if I should go back to my room or go see my friends.

I thought for a moment. Friends it is.

I knocked on the door of Alisha's room because I knew Carisma was still sleeping. Alisha swung the door open and smiled. " Hey Brookie. " the corrupted girl greeted me. " Hey, what ya up to? " I asked with a smile. " Just laying around, come in! " Alisha invited me into her room. I took the offer and walked in. Jumping on Alisha's bed, I laughed. Alisha took a seat beside me. " So, who are the two kids? " Alisha asked curiously. " Oh! The one with red eyes is Blaire and the one with a green eye is Charlotte. " I explained quickly. " Yeah but, why are they here? " Alisha asked another question. " Well, their mother was murdered by one of Zalgo's lap dogs so we took them in. " I leaned against the wall. " Oh, okay. Does Slender know about them yet? " Alisha asked. " No. I was going to introduce them to him, but the plan got compromised. " I laughed. " So, when do you plan on introducing them? " Alisha asked intrigued. " I'm - " I was cut off. " GIRLS! COME HELP ME! " my dad's loud voice echoed through the house. 

Alisha and I looked at each other and got up to go help my crazed father.

Not bothering to put on any shoes, I made my way down stairs to help my dad with whatever it was he needed help with. 

The front door was opened all the way and my dad was sliding in a couch sideways. I helped him pull it the rest of the way in and he pushed it down to go onto the legs. Wiping some sweat from his fore head, my dad gestured for me to follow him and I did. 

Outside, in the bed of my dad's truck there was about ten cans of paint. Two of each color and a few other things like four different styled and colored dressers. I grabbed two cans of paint and brought them in. Yvanna soon came down to help us carry in paint cans and paint rollers. " Where did you get all this stuff? " I asked a little amazed. " The paint and couch came from the store and the dressers came from a yard sale. I also got a rug from another yard sale. " my dad laughed. " You are all painting your own rooms though, I don't have patience for paint. " my dad gestured to the paint, paint trays, and paint rollers. I groaned and picked up the navy blue paint, paint tray, paint roller, and headed up to my room.