Chapter 16

- Carisma's POV -

" Find her? " I asked Ben as he crawled out of the TV. " Nope. " Ben replied. " What the hell!? It's been a week! Where could she have gone off to?! " Yvanna screamed. " I don't know. She doesn't have any other friends or family that live here to my knowledge. " I explained. Jack paced around the living room with his hands in his black hoodie pocket. " Where did Brookie go? " Sally tugged on the trim of my red shirt. " I don't know sweetheart. " I ran my fingers through and ruffled Sally's long brown hair.

" Wait. Didn't Brooke go out after that news report about her missing sister? " I walked away from Sally and grabbed my phone off the couch. I punched in my pin and went to Google.

I typed in the name of Brooke's sister and waited for the search results to come up. " What're you doing? " Alisha asked leaning on my shoulder. " Looking up Brooke's little sister, Nina. " the search results popped up along with a picture. I clicked the first link and it brought me to page with Nina's picture, height, weight, age, and the place she was last seen. " Oak Trail Avenue . " Alisha stated as she slipped on her pink high tops and walked over to the front door. " Where do you think you're going? " Masky looked in Alisha's direction. " To look for Brooke, what does it look like? " Alisha furrowed her brow and crossed her arms over her chest defensively. " We should go with you. " Jeff twirled his knife in the air. " You guys guys don't know A THING about her! " I snapped. " On the contrary. " Slenderman stated walking down the stairs. " What do you mean? " Ben questioned the tall man's remark. " I've been watching Brooke since she was a baby, though I never interacted with her, I still observed her actions. " Slenderman made his way to the end of the stairs and put his hands behind his back. " Well, we have no leads on her. " Hoodie stated leaning against the wall. Jack continued to pace back and forth. " Something wrong? " I asked looking over at Jack. Jack stopped pacing and turned his blue mask to me. Ben hopped up off the floor and went over to Jack. " Jacky boy, 'ya in there? " Ben waved his hand in front of Jack's face. Jack lifted his gloved hand and grabbed Ben's wrist. " Don't call me that. " Jack said flatly, dropping Ben's wrist. Though I couldn't see his face, I knew he was snarling.

- Brooke's POV -

Two MTF officers stood behind me as Dr.Neal interrogated me. " WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SLENDERMAN?! " Dr.Neal shouted in my face as he hit the table. " Ich werde dir nie erzählen! FAHR ZUR HÖLLE! " I spat harshly in German. I wish I could rip this guy's throat out, but there's a metal cuff around my neck, restraining me from doing anything besides talking and breathing, but even doing those things are hard.

Dr.Neal stood up from the table and pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance. I looked past him and across the room to the mirror. I look horrible. " Max...? " I mumbled.

I didn't expect an answer, but I heard Max's voice come through timid and weak.

Brooke...? Are you okay? Anytime they electrocute you, I can feel it too...

Max's voice grew softer in my mind. Tears pricked my eyes and my breathing hitched. " Go... go get the others. " I said out loud without even realizing.

I'll try...

" What others are you referring to? " Dr.Neal's voice snapped me back to reality. " Answer me! " he demanded as he hit the table, but I stayed silent.

" Fine. Be that way. " before his words could register, I was met with immense pain as electricity ripped through my body for the hundredth time. I let out thrilled cries of pain as the electricity stopped. " STOP! MAX I'M SORRY! " " Take her back. " Dr.Neal grabbed a pile of papers off the table and walked out of the room.