Chapter 12

- Brooke's POV -

Brooke? Hello? Are you okay?

"Wha - what?" I slowly opened my eyes after hearing Max's voice.

Oh thank God. You've been in the shower for, like, two hours.

Max's voice sounded worried in my mind. I noticed that the water was ice cold and I quickly scrambled to turn it off. My ankle felt a tad bit better, but it still ached. Carefully, I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my cold pale body. I limped out of my bathroom and into my bedroom to get dressed. Slipping on my black sweatpants and old worn out grey sweat shirt, I limped back over to my bed and crawled under the covers.

Goodnight.

"Goodnight Max, thanks for helping me home." and with that I drifted off to sleep.

- Time Skip -

I woke up to someone shaking me awake. I looked up to see who it was, it was Max. "What..." I said sleepily. I rolled over and was face to face with Carisma's sleeping figure. I sat up and saw Alisha and Yvanna in my bed as well. When did they get in here?

Your dad won't be home till really late tonight.

Max stated bluntly. "But, he has today off." I said rubbing my eyes tiredly.

He got called in. He left a note saying that he'd be back around ten tonight.

I sighed and looked up at my ceiling. Groaning, I crawled out from under Alisha. I limped over to my bedroom door and downstairs. I spotted Eclipse laying on the couch and thought to myself. She hasn't eaten since we got her. I waltzed into the kitchen and opened the fridge, tore off a piece of raw steak, and went back to eclipse. She lit up as soon as she saw the food in my hand. I set the piece of raw meet on the hard wood floor and Eclipse jumped off the couch and gnawed on the meat. Taking seat on the couch, I pulled up my sleeve to examine my wrist, it stung like crazy. I saw Alisha coming down stairs, so I pulled my sleeve back down to cover the symbol. "Good morning." I caught Alisha's attention and she came over to me. 

"I wanna go on a walk..." Alisha said in a childish tone as she sat beside me and rested her head on my shoulder.

"That's fine, we just need to wait for Carisma and Yvanna to wake up." I stated as I watched Eclipse eat. A moment later, I got up off the couch and started to head to the kitchen, but was interrupted by Carisma's thrilled cries of pain, followed by Alisha's, and then Yvanna's. Why was everyone screaming? I rushed to the nearest person, Alisha, to see what was wrong. When I got to Alisha she was standing up with tears streaming down her face while she clutched her wrist tightly. I pulled her arm out, so I could better see what was wrong and I felt my eyes widen in shock. Aisha's wrist had the same symbol being burned it to it; an 'O' with an 'X' through it. Alisha let out another cry of pain. "Go run cold water on it." I pointed to the kitchen and Alisha heeded my orders. I went up stairs as fast as I could to see Carisma and Yvanna. I busted into my bedroom and over to Carisma and Yvanna. They to, had the symbol burning itself into their wrists. I instructed them to do the same as Alisha, run cold water over it.

- Time Skip -

After about an hour of Carisma, Alisha and Yvanna running cold water over the symbol and running up the water bill, they came to me in the living room. "Did you get one too?" Alisha sniffled. I lifted my sleeve to show the healing scar.

"How long have you had that?" Carisma butt in.

"I just got it last night." I answered. Max came downstairs with the first-aid kit and handed it to me. I thanked him and proceeded to put a bandage around Carisma, Alisha and Yvanna's wrists to keep it from getting infected. Alisha's sniffles stopped, Carisma relaxed, and Yvanna stopped crying.

"I still want to go on that walk." Alisha said in a mumbled. I shifted my gaze from the ceiling to Carisma and Yvanna.

"Fine." Carisma groaned as she got off the couch and went to change her clothes.

"Sure." Yvanna said as she went to go get dressed as well. I walked into the laundry room and retrieved my clothes from the dryer. I put on the newly cleaned clothes. My royal blue tank top, black skinny jeans, black combat boots, and my black hoodie. I also strapped on my leg holster for my claw knife. Slipping my weapons into their holster, I waited in the living room for the others. Carisma was the first to make her way down, which was quickly followed up by both Alisha and Yvanna. We all exchanged glances and made our way out the front door, making sure to lock it behind us. As we walked through the woods, I knew with absolute conviction that there were people watching us.

We walked for a while and as we got deeper into the woods the feeling of being watched grew greater with every step I took. I was about to say something until this guy came out from behind a tree. We all stopped walking and stared at the male. Hearing something move behind me, I spun around only to see another man directly in front of me. He wore a yellow jacket, dark blue jeans, and black sneakers, he also wore a white mask with an almost feminine face painted on it, and he had messy brown hair. The other man wore an orange hoodie, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black mask that covered his whole head and neck area, the mask had a red sad face painted on it. Then another man dropped down from a tree. He had brown hair and wore grey jeans, an old brown jack with stripes on the sleeves, black sneakers, and her wore goggle like things on his eyes and a muzzle on he mouth. I stared at the man with the goggles who ticked unconsciously. The yellow wearing man crept closer to me. "Max." I said rather loudly. Max manifested himself in front of me. Just as I was about to pull my claw knife I was tackled by the man with the goggles. I struggled in his grasp and watched as my friends laid unconscious on the ground. I then had a rag placed over my mouth and nose.

- Time Skip -

I woke up in an empty room with Carisma, Alisha and Yvanna. My holster and claw knife were gone and I huffed in annoyance. The others were already awake and looked pissed, Carisma especially. I looked around the room, it looked to be very old and run down, but not like it was abandon. My gazing was interrupted by the sound of someone unlocking the bedroom door. When the door opened, I saw the three masked men that drugged us and brought us here." Slender wants to talk to you guys."