Chapter 52

- Alisha's POV -

Jack and Ben came back to the motel pretty late last night. Ben's laughter woke me up as he watched something on TV. Jeff wasn't too pleased with being woke up and that ended with Ben being put into a headlock as everyone else watched while half asleep. I thought it was quite amusing.

Now we're back on the road and Ben is whining about how much Taylor Swift they're play on the radio. Laughing at Ben's idiocy, I gazed out the window at the passing surroundings and sighed. Jeff is asleep in the front seat and Jack has been in a bad mood since he can't hunt. Toby has been, well, Toby. Ben teleports away any chance he gets to do whatever it is that he does. I've been texting the others back home everyday since we left, but they haven't answered any of my calls or messages today and I'm starting to worry. I know they can handle themselves, but I still worry.

" Hey Ben, where are we now? " I asked the blond boy. " Virginia. " Ben answered happily. I'm so sick of being stuck in this car, at least I have the mountains to look at. I sighed, pushed myself off the window, and looked at the clock on the dash board. 7:50 am. " How long till we get there? " I asked as I resumed starring out the window. " I would say about a day or so. " Ben answered as he groaned and turned the radio off. Jeff stirred in his sleep and Ben chuckled. The road is going to be more hectic today because it's Saturday. Ugh.

- Brooke's POV -

I was shook awake by Carisma and I groaned and the sunlight shining through the back door and all the windows. " C'mon Brooke, you need to clean yourself off. " Carisma spoke loudly. " There's running water, though it's not hot, there's water. " I sat up off the uncomfortable floor and yawned. " How? " I asked tiredly. " The water comes from a river not too far from here and I take it that there's purified water tanks under the house. " Yvanna said coming down from up stairs.

They're right, you really need to clean off.

I pushed myself off the floor, grabbed my backpack, and stumbled my way up stairs to shower.

Reaching the top of the stairs, I gazed around and took in my new surroundings. There's four rooms up stairs and two down stairs.

Exploring, I found that two of the rooms up stairs have their own bathrooms and the two rooms downstairs share a conjoined bathroom.

I finished exploring and went to the bedroom that I decided was going to be mine. I set my bag on the floor of the empty room and retrieved a pair of skinny jeans and my grey t - shirt to change into once I washed away all the dirt and blood. I walked into the bathroom and noticed a second door. Curious, I opened it and upon further inspection found that it led to the bedroom next to it. Huh, I guess all the rooms are conjoined. Shutting the second door, I left the other door open to let in some sort of light from the windows because there was no electricity.

I slipped out of my dirty ripped clothes and threw them aside along with my combat boots and turned the shower on. Not bothering to wait, I stepped in and instinctively yelped when the cold water hit my ashen skin.

Reluctantly, I stood under the icy water and took in slow deep breaths. I looked down to my feet and noticed all the blood and dirt washing off me. There's no soap so I did the best I could to scrub and rinse everything away.

- Time Skip -

I stepped out of the cold shower and quickly noticed there was no towel. " You've got to be kidding me. " I growled in frustration.

You're going to have to air dry.

" I know. I'm freezing. " I said as I squeezed the water out of my long hair. I picked my dirty shirt up and used it to wipe away some of the dust on the mirror. I dropped the shirt and starred at my battered and bruised body.