♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₄₇

Start from the beginning

She nodded slowly, pushing herself up from her bed and walked to the shoe rack grabbing her Uggs and slipping them on. Picking her up once she was done, she laid her head on my shoulder as I rubbed her back gently.

"She's staying with me for the week." I looked at Maya as we walked back towards the living room. "Say bye to mommy." I kissed Royalty's forehead.

"I'm not gon argue with you, Cassius." Maya rubbed her temples. Good, cause I didn't have the energy to go back and forth with her. "You be good for daddy, RoRo. I love you." Maya rubbed down Ro's hair, leaning up to kiss her cheek.

"Love you tew, mommy." She sniffed, a small smile on her face.

Maya opened the door for us, and I walked out with Royalty still in my hold. We were gon go see Nayeli, spend some time with her and grab something to eat. Red Robin's was where we were gon meet up at for the evening. It was always good to spend time with them, especially if Nayeli and I were working on being together this was a start.

"We gonna see Neli?" Royalty quizzed as I got her situated in her car seat, her buckling up.

"Yeah, you excited?" I lifted a brow, soon chuckling as she nodded happily. "Aight, I know she's happy to see you too."

Cairo "East" Brewster

"Can you please relax." Anahi cupped my chin, her other hand placed on my leg as I continued to bounce it up and down. "You wanted to meet up with him, knowing I was well off." She leaned forward, placing a kiss against my lips.

"The nigga was still gon be on you, so it's better this way." I chuckled lowly, wrapping my arm around her shoulders and relaxing. "Ion trust him, so he had to be seen."

"Ok baby." She shook her head gently, reaching for the glass of water that sat in front of her, sipping from the straw. "I know I said I don't want you to do anything reckless, but Marcus is doing too much...so if you wanna off him, do that."

She was telling me something that I was already gon do, whether she wanted me to or not. He was a problem the first time he came out here disrupting her peace, then the club fight she had got into, and now this.

"I'm already on that Nini." I grabbed the glass of Hennessy and took a swig. "How aren't you afraid of me?" I questioned, raising a brow. It made me wonder at times, cause not many would be comfortable to sleep next to someone knowing that they've killed people, or in the line of work that I'm involved in. "What made you stick it out?"

"You never gave me a reason to be afraid of you, Cairo. You showed me your true self from the very start, so that's that." She looked at me, making sure our eyes were locked. I hid the smirk from creeping up, and nodded slowly. She's perfect. "I make my own choices, so I'm with you for you. Even if I do know what you're involved in, that never made me look at you any different." She cupped my chin, playing with my beard as her brows slightly furrowed. "Where's this coming from?"

"I just wanted to know, baby." I licked my lips, lifting a shoulder. "Any other woman in your position wouldn't know how to respond or give a straight answer like you did." I brought my freehand up, cupping the side of her face as my thumb gently rubbed over her cheek. "You rare, forreal." I chuckled lowly.

"I told you I ain't like these other women you used to deal with." She laughed a bit, poking my nose. "Switched the whole vibe with you, huh?" She asked in a knowing tone, and I nodded slowly as a laugh parted my lips. "I woul-

"What's he doing here?" I heard Marcus say as he approached the table. I felt my whole demeanor change, but Anahi pecked my lips once to calm me down. "Right in front of me?"