Marinette pulled up Luka's contact, her heart thumping all the way up into her throat as her finger hovered over the call button. She bit her lip, sniffling as she felt as if every fiber of her being was completely shattered. The female shook her head, locking her phone once more. She wasn't sure if she could turn to Alya, at least not yet. Especially not after what she had walked on only hours before.

Marinette opened the door, poking her head into the master bedroom. Her blue eyes glanced upon Adrien stirring in his sleep.

She exhaled, very meticulously exiting the bathroom to rummage through her wardrobe. Marinette quickly threw some of her clothes on the hardwood floor. She kneeled down into her closet, tugging her shoes from the shoe rack.

She crawled towards the bed, very carefully reaching under the bed to pull out her suitcase. She wiped the tears from her eyes with the back of her hand. The blunette dumped as much as she could inside of her suitcase, tucking in all her favorite shirts and underwear into the corners. She closed the suitcase, latching it shut before she stood up and put on her sneakers.

Of course she was still wearing her nightgown, and if it meant she'd have to walk miles and miles wearing nothing but this to get away from this, she would.

It wasn't all bad to be around Adrien, but Marinette had felt so emotionally disturbed, she really felt like she needed a break. Besides, summer was the perfect season to walk, at least she wouldn't be too cold. The blunette gripped on to her suitcase, her blue eyes lowering down to Adrien who slept with his face in the pillows. Her heart had started to feel heavy once more, but she hoped he didn't take it personal.

It was never meant to be personal.

_________________________________________

The sun warmed his skin, and Adrien was completely submerged in his soft blankets. A wide smile spread across his face the moment he turned over and sprawled out against the bed. He knew he had a pleasant dream with waking up in such a good mood.

The male yawned, stretching within the bedsheets. His hands began to roam into the space beside him. A small frown appeared across his lips the moment he came up empty.

He perked up, furrowing his brow and lifting himself up sluggishly to glance at the empty spot where Marinette would have been. He sat up, rubbing the back of his neck groggily.

"Marinette?" He asked, almost half expecting her to be in the bathroom, another room or perhaps downstairs enjoying a cup of coffee. He rubbed his eyes, sliding off the bed and dragging himself towards the bathroom. Finding it empty, he wandered back into the hallways, going through all the rooms, and coming up with nothing. Adrien began to feel a bit of panic, his heart tightening in his chest as he descended the stairs.

Everything was left the way that it was the night before. The pink pillows on the couch remained disheveled from the night he and Kagami almost made love right before Marinette had walked in. Adrien turned, walking to the kitchen in a panic.

"Marinette?" He asked, his voice echoing throughout the hall. The blonde wandered throughout the entire house, the yard and in the back where the pool was, and found no sign of Marinette.

He had seen her wedges that she wore from work by the slider doors the night before, but this time around they were gone. It was too early in the day for her to be at work, unless she had been out with Alya and made sure she was quiet before she left.

Much to his dismay, the house was empty. He was the only one in it. Adrien ran a hand through his hair, lightly tugging at his locks before he turned away and began to stumble clumsily back up to his room. With a solemn expression, the blonde swiped his phone off the bedside table. He was worried about her. He wondered if she was alright and if he did something wrong. The blonde pulled up her contact, his digit pressing into the call button.