Chapter 22

Courtney

"What?" I asked the referee.

"You're out." The referee repeated. I stared at him. I started to try to get out of his grip.

"Let go of me!" I screamed. The referee let go. I turned to him. He didn't look to happy, but I didn't care at the moment. "Did you not see what McGill did to Banks?! He knocked him out! Took Banks right out of the game! All I did was punch him and I'm out?!" I screamed even louder. The referee grabbed my arm again.

"Come on, you're out."

___________________________

It was almost the end of the game. I was watching the game on the TV in the locker room. The Hawks were winning by four and there was five minutes left of the game.

I'm going talk to Coach about the Ducks. Not the Hawks coach, but Coach Bombay. I don't want to be a Hawk anymore. This wasn't fair. Adam got switched because of where he lived and I- wait a minute.

I got up and walked over to the door where there was a sign with the boundaries of where you're suppose to live to be on a team. I looked where I lived.

Ducks.

I live where I have to play for the Ducks. This was it! I have to go back to play for the Ducks! I'm not allowed to play for the Hawks.

I heard a buzz go off, the game was over. I looked back at the TV and the Hawks won by three goals. I ran out of the locker room real quick.

I pushed through the crowd of Hawks coming in to the locker room. I sprinted over to the Ducks locker room and barged in. Everyone stared at me. I looked around and saw Coach Bombay. "Coach! Coach, am I glad to see you." I sighed. I ran over to him.

"Courtney? What are you going here?" Coach asked. I did a big smile.

"I have so important news."