Chapter 23

Courtney

"Well, what is it?" Coach asked. I caught my breath, but I was smiling in the process. I looked back up at Coach.

"Okay." I paused. I closed my eyes and started to smile even more. "I can play for the Ducks." I blurted. I opened my eyes as looked at Coach again. Even though I wasn't looking at the rest of the team, I saw them stand up like they were really paying attention.

"What?" Coach asked as he shot me confused look. I smiled again and nodded.

"Okay, you know who Adam moved from the Hawks to the Ducks because of where he lived?" I asked. Coach nodded hesitantly, like he didn't know what I was about to say. "Well, I live where I have to play for the Ducks." Coach smiled like just made up the worlds greatest idea.

"Alright! Let tell the Officials and get you off of the Hawks wing." Coach cheered. Everyone started to cheer. They came over to me and started to jump around me. I started to laugh. Charlie pushed his way up to the middle. I smiled at him. Charlie did too. I hugged him.

"I miss you so much." I sighed. Charlie hugged back.

"Same here." Charlie let go of me, but his hands were still on my waist. My arms were still on his shoulders. We just stared at each other.

I snapped out of it. I started to back up a little while letting go of him. Charlie started to blush, I guess I was too.

"Sorry." I apologized. Charlie let go of me and backed up a little too. I remembered Adam. "Adam... Where is he? Is he okay?" I asked.

"He's alright. He's at home right now. He'll be back tomorrow." Coach cut in. I sighed with relief.

"Okay, glad he's alright."