Chapter 79

Adam

Courtney's grandma got us pizza for the celebration of going to the championships. We had Pepsi and Coke and pizza and ice cream and everything. Courtney was helping me get some pizza since I only have on arm to use. "Which pizza do you want?" Courtney asked.

"Cheese please." I answered. She got a cheese pizza out and put it on the plate. We got to the couch area and she put the plate on the table. I sat down.

"I'm goin' to get a drink, want one?" She asked.

"If you don't mind." I said.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"Pepsi please." I replied. She smiled, then walked away. Les and Goldberg came over.

"And there goes #99, Adam Banks, trying to steal the heart of #32, Courtney Jane, like always." Les announced. I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up, Avermen." I snapped. Les laughed.

"So, you and Courtney uh..." Les asked as his voice started to fade. I shook my head.

"No... Her step-brothers dying and my parents are getting a divorce so we thought it was just a good idea that we take a break from dating." I answered as I took a bite of my pizza.

"Is it really?" Goldberg asked. I shrugged.

"I think it's a good idea for Courtney. I wish we were still dating. I don't know. It's not a big deal if we were still dating. But, I think it's just putting a lot of stress on Courtney. She didn't look happy." I answered. Goldberg and Les nodded.

"Here's your Pepsi." I heard Courtney say. I turned and saw her giving me the Pepsi. I grabbed it with my good hand.

"Thanks." I said. She sat down next to my and I kissed her on the cheek.

"Yeah, not a thing." Les said with a laugh. I just stared at him. He looked at me, and smiled like nothing happened. I rolled my eyes.

The whole team came over to the couch and squeezed in. Courtney and I got swished in together. Next to her, James. And next to me, Charlie. We all started to laugh. I guess Courtney did care if James was next to her. We all stacked onto one another. Coach came over and started to laugh.

"Hold on, let me get my camera." He said. He ran to the kitchen and got the camera, then he came back. "Say USA!"

"USA!" We all yelled, then he snapped a photo.

"Great." Coach said. We all fell off the couch. Except for me, James, and Charlie. Connie pulled Courtney down when she fell with Guy. They all got up, some fell back down because they were laughing so hard. Coach came back with camera. "Get back together for another funny photo."

Everyone got a spot on the couch. Courtney came over and sat on my lap and put her feet on Charlie. She out her arm around me. "One, two, three, cheese!" Coach snapped the photo. We all started to laugh again. They all fell again. Courtney pulled me down with her and I ended up on top of her.