Chapter 13

Adam

I got onto the ice. I wasn't that nervous, I have been to the championships before and won, but I could tell the rest of the team was nervous.

I went to Courtney's spot; center ice. Courtney shouldn't be hurt. It should be me, sitting in the hospital with a broken rib, not Courtney. She should be out here, in this spot, bring the team to a championship.

I looked over at Coach and saw him talking to Connie and Fulton. The game was going to start in thirteen more minutes. I started to skate around. I saw Coach and Fulton come onto the ice. Coach was holding a bucket full of pucks.

They got about seven feet away from the goal. Coach dumped all the pucks onto the ice. Fulton got in front of pucks, got one, the started to shoot it into the goal. I was shocked.

Very fast and very strong. I looked behind me and saw the Cardinal players watching Fulton, looking a little scared. Charlie skated over to me. "He's good." I nodded.

"Yeah. I think we might make it to the finals."

_________________________

We were all sitting at the bench about fifteen minutes later waiting to start the game. "Okay guys! Today's the day we have been waiting for! No turning back now. If we win, we are going to the championships! Game starts any minute now. Who ready?" Coach asked. We all cheered. One of the referees skated over.

"You guys ready?" The referee asked. Coach looked at us, then back at him.

"Yes." Coach replied happily. The referee nodded.

"Let's get them on the ice! We have a game to play." The referee said. He skated on to the ice. I hopped over the little wall and skated over to Courtney's spot. I saw a Cardinal player come in front of me.

"Prepare to lose, Duck." The Cardinals player snapped. I smirked. Ready for a comeback. "And you just lost you greatest player. All because she broke her rib." He said, right as I opened my mouth to speak. I closed my mouth and swallowed hard.

How does he know about that?