Chapter 24

Courtney

The next day was practice, practice with the Hawks. "Okay Hawks, we have today to practice and then we have the second day of Championships. Right now, we are doing great! We won yesterday and we are gonna win tomorrow, understand?!" Coach asked.

"Yeah!!" They all yelled, but not me.

"Jane?" Coach asked. I sighed in frustration.

"Yes Coach." I said very lightly. Coach nodded.

"Okay, warm ups!" Coach demanded. We all got up and started to skate in circles. McGill came up to me.

"I don't wanna talk to you." I snapped. I heard McGill start to chuckle.

"Well, that's just to bad." McGill snapped. I looked over at Coach, and he was talking to someone, but just not anyone.

The Official!

This is it! I can play for the Ducks again.

"How about me and you can get some lunch after?" McGill asked. I looked at him and shot him a dirty look.

"No." I snapped. McGill looked at me.

"Come on. You have to get over Banks. He's a Duck, and your a Hawk for crying out-"

"Jane! Get over here!" Coach called me over.

"Excuse me!" I said rudely. I started to skate to Coach, but I ran into Stafford. Him and I both fell.

"Oh gosh, I'm sorry Courtney." Stafford apologized. He got up,  then helped me up.

"No sorry, that was my fault." I looked at him. Man, was he pretty. Brown hair, hazel eyes, and tall too. And, he is very nice. "Hey, I never got your first name." I said. He smiled.

"Names James." James paused, starting to rub the back of his neck. "Uh, maybe we could he together sometime. Can I get your number after practice?" He asked. I smiled.

"Sure." I said. James nodded.

"Stafford! Go back to skating! Jane get over here now!" Coach yelled.

"Sorry, got to go." I said. James smiled. I skated off. "Yes Coach?"

"This is Mr. Johnson. The Official of Pee Wee Hockey, and he is now transferring you back to the Ducks, and you won't be a Hawk anymore." Coach explained.

"Really?" I said, trying to act sad.

"Yes, but you are going to finish practicing today. Then you will talk to Coach Bombay after to get your stuff. Now, go back to your warm up." Coach sighed, rubbing the top of his nose with his thumb and pointer finger.

"Okay." I skated back and I caught up to James.

"Hey." I said. James looked at me and smiled. I'm going to tell you this now, his smile makes my knees weak. So my knees started to wobble and I sort of fell, but James caught me arm.

"You okay?" James asked. I regained my strength and started to skate again.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I sighed. James nodded.

"Anyway, what was that all about?" He asked. I tried to look sad even though I was jumping with joy inside.

"I'm not playing for the Hawks anymore, this is my last practice." I stated. James stopped smiling, which made me actually sad.

"Oh, what team are you going to play for?" James asked.

"The Ducks." James looked down in disappointment.

"Oh, can we still hang out?" James asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, of course."