Chapter 50

Courtney

I found out the pro hockey has longer games than Pee Wee Hockey. It's been an hour and we are only half way through the game. We were all in the locker room for half time while Ocean was doing a performance. I was really sweaty and tired. I took off my glasses and wiped off all the smog on it.

I took my hair out of the pony tall and re-did it. I saw Coach come in. "You guys are doing great. It's 4-0 USA. Keep up the good work." I looked back at the TV and saw Ocean singing and all the figure skaters dancing on ice. It was pretty cool.

I went into my locker and pulled out a picture I brought with me for good luck. I stared at it. It was a picture of Dad, Mom, Dawn, and me. This picture was taken about a month before their deaths. I started to tear up.

"Are you okay?" I heard someone asked. I looked up and saw Adam. He sat down next to me and saw the picture. "Oh." I shrugged.

"I'm fine. I just miss them. I wish they were here. I love them so much. They were my everything." I sighed. Adam put his arm around me.

"It's gonna be alright." Adam implied. I nodded.

"Okay team! Let's get out there!" Coach yelled. Adam took his arm off of my shoulder and got up. I wiped my tears off my face. I got my helmet and put it on.

We went out and went on the ice. When I skated out, I looked up into the crowd and saw someone that looked really familiar. When I got to center ice, I saw who it was.

James...