Chapter 40

Courtney

Did I hear that correctly?

My what?!

"What?" I asked. She smiled again.

"I'm your Grandmother. Your mother's name is Sabrina Jane, who is my daughter. And you have a sister named Dawn Alex Jane. And your dad's name is Jay John Jane." She said. I stared at her. "Ocean over here is your cousin." I looked at Ocean.

She was also in shock. She was staring at her grandma with he has dropped. "So, your family, how are they doing? Are they here? I haven't seen your mother ever since you left for Minnesota." She asked.

I looked at her and started to get teary eyed. Charlie came over and put his arm around me.

"Mom died, so did Dawn. Both died in a car crash all because of me." I replied softly. Charlie patted on my shoulder.

"It wasn't your fault. Your mom was just under a lot of stress." He implied. I ignored that reply.

It was my fault. If I just would of shut my little mouth, my mom and my sister would be here. I looked up and saw my grandma starting to cry, too.

"Oh... I'm sorry." She apologized.

"It's fine. My dad got remarried so now I have a step-mom." She nodded.

"Oh, okay." She shook her head fast. "So, why are you in California?"

"We are here to play some hockey games." Coach cut in. Grandma smiled.

"Oh, well, why stay at a hotel when you can stay at my place. I got enough rooms for the girl and the boys." Grandma said.

"Yeah!" We all yelled.

"Are you sure we won't be distracting?" Coach asked.

"Oh, no not at all. You guys are welcome. I have a limo waiting to go to my house if you want to join." She said. We all smiled.

__________________________

I looked out the window and saw the house, well, mansion. Huge mansion. We all stared at the house when the limo pulled up. We all climbed out and got out bags. "Okay, will you follow me." Grandma said.

We all went to the front door and she opened it. We all walked into the mansion. It had double stairs with a backyard in front of us. It was huge. "Please, feel like home here. Follow me upstairs to the rooms."

We walked up the stairs to the first bedroom. It was the boys room. There was a couple of bunk beds, enough to fit everyone.

"Okay, this is the boys room. Please, unpack and I'll get you in a couple of minutes for a tour. Elijah! Elijah, do come!" A man in a suit and tie came over.

"Yes Mrs. Jewell. You called?" He asked. He looked about twenty years old and he looked like he could be a model.

"Oh, please show the boys around the room." Grandma asked. He nodded, his head still held up high.

"Follow me, gentlemen." He demanded. All the boys went in and started to laugh.

"Okay, that's one of my butlers, Elijah, if you need him, call his name." She said. All the girls giggled. "Mr. Bombay, please follow me to your room." We walked to another room. She opened the room. It was beautiful.

"Wow. Thanks so much." He said in shock.

"You're welcome. Now, get unpacked and I'll get you in a couple minutes." She warned. Coach thanked her again, then walked in. "Okay girls, your room." We started to walk over to the room.

It was just me, Ocean, Connie, and Julie. We walked to a double doored room. She opened it. It was beautiful. There was just four regular queen sized beds. The room was a beautiful lime green. "Go on, Ocean. Show them around the room."

"Okay." We all walked in. "Okay guys, pick your beds." I picked the bed right by the door. Connie got the bed next to me. Julie picked the bed in front of me, and Ocean got the bed next to her. We put our suitcases on the beds. "Follow me." We all walked into the walk-in closet. It was giant.

"This is the closet. You guys can hang up some things if you want." She suggested. We all walked out and went into the bathroom, another huge part of the room.

"And this is the bathroom." She said. We all looked around. This was so cool. We all went back into the bedroom part and started to unpack.

"Oh, wait, let me call James to tell him I'm here."