Chapter 39

Courtney

I felt the plane hit the ground. That really woke me up. I looked over and saw that I was sleeping on Dwayne. I sat up and looked out the window. We were at the LA Airport. I woke up Dwayne. "Dwayne, wake up." I whispered. He started to wake up.

"What?" He asked as he opened his eyes.

"We're here." He leaned up and looked out the window.

"Wow, it's pretty dark, what time is it?" He asked with a yawn. I looked down at my watch.

"Well, it's one o'clock California time because our time is one hour behind." He nodded.

"Okay. Well, let's get off this plane."

_________________________

We were all waiting for our bags to come. I was so tired. I was trying to keep my eyes open. "Courtney! Come here! I want you to meet someone." I heard Adam yell.

I looked over and saw him with a girl who looks really familiar, but I couldn't really see her. I walked up to him. I then realized it was Ocean Jewell, my favorite country singer.

"Oh my gosh. You're Ocean Jewell, I'm a huge fan of yours." She smiled.

"You must be Courtney Jane. Also a fan of yours. I watch a lot of hockey. Heard you guys were playin' for team USA." Ocean said.

"That's true." We all started to laugh. She had a very heavy Texas accent. Which I really liked. I saw everyone come over from our team to meet Ocean.

We were hugging her and shaking her hand and to talk to her. She was super nice. Ocean looked over and saw someone. She called them over.

"Guys, this is my grandmother, Paige Jewell." Ocean introduced.

"Wait, Paige Jewell, m'am I'm a huge fan of your work." Coach said. Shaking her hand. "I think you knew my dad, Two-Bit Matthews? He talks about you a lot." Mrs. Jewell laughed.

"Thank you, sir. And yes, I did know him. He's a funny man, I do say." She said. She looked at me. Her eyes widen and started to glow. She stopped smiling. "Courtney, Courtney Ocean Jane, is that you?" Mrs. Jewell asked in shock. I stared at her.

How does she know my full name?

She came over and have me a big hug. "Courtney. I haven't seen you every since you were born." She let go. Tears were falling out from her eyes.

"Excuse me m'am, but, how do you know me?" I asked. She smiled and giggled.

"Well sweety, a grandma never forgets her granddaughter."