Chapter 49

Adam

I was watching Courtney and Charlie dance. I still couldn't get over the fact that I'm dating Courtney. That she is my girlfriend and she loves me back. Man, this has to be the best night of my life.

_________________________

Courtney

I was getting ready for the game. Our first game as Team USA. We were playing Team Italy today. I put my hair back in a ponytail and put the pads on. I got the pants and the jersey on.

The jersey was mostly red. It has in white words "USA" on it and it had some blue stars. On the back it had Jane: #32. I sat down and got my skates on. "Ready for the first game?" I heard someone ask me. I looked up and saw Les.

"Yeah, I guess." I replied while tying one of the skates. I saw Coach barge into the locker room.

"Courtney! Courtney!" Coach was saying looking for me. I stood up.

"Yeah, Coach?" Coach came running over to me.

"Okay, glad I could find you. Ocean is going to sing the Anthem today so I want you to hook arms with her and skate down the ice with her until middle ice." Coach said. I smiled and nodded.

"Okay, why?"

"You guys are cousins and want to make this special for you and her since it's only the second day of knowing each other." I nodded again.

"Okay." I said. I sat back down and tied the second skate.

"Okay, are you guys ready?!" Coach yelled.

"Yeah!" We all cheered.

"Okay, let's go get some scores out there!" We all cheered and left the locker room. We got to the gate were we enter the ice. Coach came up to me.

"Stay here until Ocean comes out." I nodded. Two works opened the gate and everyone went rushing out onto the ice. I just stood there. I saw Ocean come over.

"Hey." Ocean said. She gave me a hug.

"Hey. Good luck on your song." I said. Ocean looked at me and smiled.

"Thanks. Good luck with your game." Ocean said. I smiled and looked down. She was also wearing ice skates.

"You know how to skate?" I asked.

"Used to play hockey, then I stopped so I can sing." I smiled. A worker came to us.

"Okay, it's your time." He said. We hooked arms and started to skate out.

"And there you have it! The amazing cousins! The one and only number 32, Courtney Jane and her amazing cousin, Ocean Jewell!" The announcer announced loudly.

We started to wave at everyone. We stopped in center ice. I gave Ocean one last hug, then I left to the line of the team. I skated in between Adam and Charlie.

Adam handed me my helmet. I smiled at him. After Ocean sang the Anthem. We all skated to the bench. Coach came over.

"Courtney, center ice..." Coach started at tell everyone were to go. "Okay team, we got this in the bag. Go out there and do it for USA!" He cheered.

We cheered and got out of the bench area. I went to center ice. A big looking kid come up in front of me. He said something in Italian, then smiled.

"Sorry, only stupid people like you can understand what you just spit." I said as I wiped my helmet off with my sleeve. I knew he understood what I said, because he stopped smiling and gave me a dirty look.

The referee came over and threw the puck down. I got it and passed it to Dwayne. He flew down the ice with his fancy puck tricks. He got to the goal, shot the puck, and scored! This was to easy.