Chapter 41

Courtney

I reached for the phone and put in his number. Hopefully he answers. I put the phone up to my ear softly. "Hello?" I heard someone say.

"Hi, is this James?" I asked.

"Yeah, who is this?" He asked.

"It's Courtney." There was a pause.

"Oh, hi." He said with disappointment in his voice.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Look Courtney, I have been thinking ever since the fight, and we really haven't been talking, and I think we should just, be friends." He said. I paused in shock.

"What?" I asked, trying not to cry. I saw the other girls come and sit on my bed.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I know your mad at me and-"

"I'm not mad. Come on, James. Please don't leave." I begged.

"I'm sorry, Courtney. We should just, find other people. You are still an amazing person. I'll never forget the times we spent together, the four years, but I think we need to go make other memories with other people, you know? I think you'll be happier with Adam." My jaw dropped.

"What? James, I love you, that's why I dated you! You think I love Ada-" I stopped. Maybe I still love Adam. I heard him sigh.

"See, you love Adam. Look, good luck with your games and maybe I'll see some. Goodbye Courtney." I heard him put down the phone. I still had the phone to my ear.

"Bye..." I said with a weak voice. I put the phone lightly on the dresser, then I started to cry in the pillow.

"Courtney, what happened?" Connie asked while putting her hand on my shoulder.

"James broke up with me." I said. I heard gasps for everyone.

"Why?" Julie asked.

"Who's James?" Ocean asked.

"James is my boyfriend and he said that we haven't been talking since that fight with Adam and him and he says I still..." I couldn't finish.

"Still what?" Ocean asked.

"Still...." I said again.

"Still what?" Connie asked.

"Still love Adam."