Chapter 31

Courtney

He started to lean into me closer. "Oh Johnny, I do like you. I do love you." I sighed. McGill looked at me weird.

"Wait, you like me?" McGill asked. Really, I don't, but it's part of the plan.

"Yes. I have been lying to you this whole time. It's really you I want." I sighed again. McGill smiled.

"Knew it." McGill said with a sing-song voice. I rolled my eyes in my mind.

"I really do wanna kiss you, but someone else is holding me." I sighed. McGill smiled even more, then looked at his buddy.

"Let go of her." Johnny (McGill) demanded. He let go of me. I stared at lean into Johnny to kiss him. I felt his lips hit mine. We started to kiss pretty hard. I grabbed the back of his head and pressed him more into me.

To tell you the truth, I kind of liked it. But it's Johnny so no. He started to slide his hands down my hips to touch my butt, which felt so weird, but I waited. Johnny started to lean back, but I pushed him back to kiss me again. This "kiss" turned into a make-out.

"I love you." Johnny said in between kisses.

"Love you too." I sighed in between kissed. I just kept kissing him.

Please tell me I'm not starting to like him.

"STOP KISSING HER AND TAKE YOUR DAMN HANDS OFF OF HER!" I heard James yell. Johnny leaned back and saw James charging at Johnny.

"No, no, no." I heard Johnny say. He looked at me, kissed me one more time, and I kissed back, I guess to get James mad, then started to skate away. James came to my side.

"Are you alright?" James asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, just gonna wash my mouth when I get home." We both started to laugh. I looked up at James. You can tell he was in a fight. He had a cut lip and a bruised cheek bone.

"James, are you alright?" I asked, putting my hand softly on his cheek.

"Yeah, I have been through worse. Come on, let's start skating again..."

__________________________

"Okay Ducks, warm up laps! Find a partner and skate with them until I say switch partners!" Coach yelled. Adam came to me real quick.

"Hey Courtney." He said.

"Hey Adam." I said back. I looked around. Guy was with Connie, of course, Les with Goldberg, Charlie with Tommy, Peter and Dave, and Jesse with Tammy.

"Okay, Start!" Coach yelled. He blew the whistle and we all started to skate.

"How was ice skating yesterday?" Adam asked. I smiled.

"It was okay. Hawks player came and jumped us." I said. Adam looked at me.

"Really? Who were they?" He asked.

"Luke Freeman, Nick Ross, Johnny McGill, and.... I don't know the other one. He's not a Hawk." I said. Adam nodded his head.

"Those were all my buddies before I switched to the Ducks, except the new one, I don't know who he is." Adam said. I heard the whistle blow.

"Switch it up! I'll pick partners. So freeze where you are!" Coach said. Me and Adam slid to a stop.

"Okay, Tammy and Adam. Charlie with Connie, Guy with Dave, Peter with Goldberg, Courtney with...." Coach stopped for a second. "Courtney with Jesse, and Tommy and Les. Get to your partners and start to skate!" Coach yelled. He blew his whistle again.

"Bye Courtney." Adam said.

"Bye." I started to skate to Jesse. I passed Charlie on the way.

"Hey Charlie." I said.

"Hey." Charlie said. I got to Jesse.

"Hey Jane." He said.

"Hey Hall. How are you?" I asked. I heard Coach blew the whistle again. We started to skate.

"Pretty good. Hey, do you like Tammy, as a friend?" He asked. I looked at him weird.

"I don't really know her, why?" I asked.

"Because she is flirting with Adam right now." She said.

"What?" I looked around to try to find them.

"They're right there, see?" Jesse said, pointing to them. I looked over and saw Tammy hard-core flirting with Adam. I saw Adam shaking his head no on disagreeing. I sighed.

"He's fine, he's saying no to her." I said. Jessie nodded.

"Oh Courtney, I know who likes you." He said. I looked at him.

"Adam, I know." I said.

"No, someone else, who's on this team." He said. I stared at him.

"Well, who?" I asked.

"Okay, you can't tell anyone I told you this, he would kill me." He said. I nodded. Jesse looked around. "Okay, it's Charlie. He likes you." He said. I just stared at him.

"No, he can't like me, we are friends, we have been since like, preschool." I said.

"He told me he does. About a week ago." He said. I smiled.

"Wow..." I heard the whistle blow.

"Okay, switch it up! Jesse with Tommy, Adam with Connie, Charlie with Peter, Dave with Goldberg, Les with Courtney, and Tammy with Guy. Find your partners!"

"Bye Jane." Jesse said.

"Bye Hall." I said. I skated over to Les, who I kind of don't like. Ever since he called Adam a Hawk and a trader. I just don't like him. I came to Les.

"Hey Cj, what's up?" He asked. That was a new one, Cj.

"Cj?" I asked.

"Yeah, Cj, you know, Courtney Jane?" He said.

"Oh."