Chapter 16

Courtney

"Really?" Connie asked. I nodded shyly. She smiled. "Man, that's hard. I have been through that before, it sucks." Connie stated. I nodded again, but with my force.

"Yeah. Man, me and Adam haven't even kiss yet." I heard someone stomp hard on the ground around the corner. "Is someone listening?" I asked. Connie and I walked around the corner, but I didn't see anyone.

"That's weird." Connie stated. I nodded in agreement.

__________________________

Practice, again.

We were all on the ice. "Okay guys, sprints." Coach demanded. We all started to line up. "Jane! Come here!" I skated over to him. He put a hand on my shoulder and sighed sadly. I shot him a confused look.

"Everything alright, Coach?" I asked. Coach looked at me. His eyes wasn't shining like it used too.

"I might have to trade you to the Hawks." Coach blurted with a disappointed sigh. I stared at him.

"Wait, what?!"

"Look you won't under-"

"The thing is I will understand! Why?! I'm not goin' over to their team! They're mean! I'm not gonna be a Hawk, I'm a Duck!" I yelled furiously, interrupting him. I looked over quickly and saw the whole team was staring at us.

"Look, my boss, Mr. Ducksworth, the guy who is paying for this team, is mad at me, and told me to get rid of my best player, which is you." Coach explained with his voice starting to fade. I looked down and closed my eyes so I wouldn't cry in front of him.

"I'm not a Hawk. I'm a Duck." I snapped. I skated off the ice before I started to cry. I ran as fast as I can with skates on to the locker room. I sat down on the bench. I put my head in my hands and started to cry.

Why would he do this to me?