Chapter 72

Courtney

We got back into the ice. This really sucked. We all went into the middle of the ice and went down to our knees. Coach came out and looked at us. "We need to work on your offense, the defense, the shots, being goalie, your speed, your sliding and your body checks." He snapped. He looked at me. "Jane, get up." I looked at Charlie, he shrugged. I looked at Coach and stood up. "Goldberg, you get up too." Goldberg stood up. Coach walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulders.

"She is not your friend anymore." Coach stated. "She's on Icelands team. You are going to block all her shots. If you don't, five laps." He looked at me. "Every time you miss a shot you have five laps." He explained.

"She can't do that! She's fall and hurt her rib!" Charlie yelled.

"Well, she have to tough it out." Coach snapped. I was so mad. He knows I can't do laps. "Let's get started." Goldberg went to the goal. I got a puck. It's either me, or Goldberg. I lifted my skate and shot it. I made it in. "Five laps, Goldberg!" Coach yelled. I got another puck. This wasn't fair. I shot it, but missed. "Five laps Jane." I got another puck and shot it, but missed again. "Ten laps Courtney." Coach said.

"Come on Courtney. Go harder." Goldberg said. I got another puck. Shot it, but missed another goal.

"That's enough. Fifteen laps for you Jane. Five for Goldberg. Now go." Coach snapped. I dropped my stick and started to go.

"Wait!" I heard someone yell. I stopped and looked over to see Adam standing. "I'll do that laps for Courtney. I don't wanna risk her getting hurt." He said. I smiled.

"Me too!" Charlie yelled.

"Me three!" Connie yelled.

"Me too!" Julie and Luis yelled.

"Me too, me too! Me too!" They all yelled, one by one. I looked at Coach.

"Fine. You all do fifteen laps with Courtney." Coach said. They all got up and started to skate to me and Goldberg.

"Why did you guys do that?" I asked.

"You're a duck, and ducks fly together."