Chapter 6

Courtney

I went out of the locker room and made my way to the snack bar. I had to dodge all the Hawk players who kept giving me dirty looks. Once I finally got to the snack bar, I saw Adam sitting on one of the bar stools. I smiled and sat on the one next to him. "Hey Banks." I said. He looked over at me and smile.

"Hey Jane. Do you wanna coke?" Adam asked. I smiled.

"Sure, if you don't mind." Adam smiled.

"If it's anything for you, I don't mind." Adam stated. I smiled.

"What do you want?" We looked up and saw a lady behind the desk, tapping her finger on the counter rudely.

"Two cokes, please." Adam said. She nodded, then left. "You're a really good hockey player."

"Thanks, you too." I said. He smiled.

"Here you guys go." The lady said. She handed us two cokes. "Two dollars." Adam got out his wallet and handed her two dollars. She grabbed it and left.

"Thanks, Adam. It's very sweet for you to do that." I took a sip of my coke.

"You're welcome." Adam said. "Uh, Courtney, can I ask you a question?" Adam asked. I swallowed and nodded.

"Yeah. What's up?" I asked. Adam smiled.

"Great. Will you b-"

"Come on, Courtney! We have to go!" We looked over and saw Charlie waving me over to walk with him. I rolled my eyes and looked at Adam.

"Sorry, I have to go, see you later?" I asked.

"Yeah. Can I have your number?" He asked.

"Have a pen and paper?" I asked. He looked behind and got a pen.

"Here, you can write it on my arm. I don't have paper." I started to laugh. He rolled up his sleeve. I grabbed his arm and wrote my number.

"Okay, here you go. I'll see you later." I kissed him on the cheek. I got off the chair, grabbed my bag, and caught up with Charlie.

"Hey Courtney." Charlie said. I slowed down and looked at Charlie.

"Hey Charlie."

"So, Mr. Hawk likes you, huh?" Charlie asked. I smiled.

"Yeah. But, he's a nice guy, like you said." We walked out of the ice rink.

"You just have to be really careful around a Hawk. He could turn on you." Charlie warned. I smiled a little.

"Nah, I don't think he would do that."

_________________________

We finally got to Charlie's apartment and stopped in the driveway. "Okay, here's my house. All see you tomorrow at practice." Charlie stated. I nodded.

"Okay, can your mom pick me up tomorrow? Dad's workin'." I asked. Charlie nodded quickly.

"Yeah. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Okay. Bye!" I yelled. I started walking. I wasn't to far from my apartment, but I really didn't like walking alone, but I'm mostly okay with it.

"Hey cutie. How ya doing?" I looked behind me. There were two Hawks players. I turned around and started walking faster. They were on rollerblades, so they were catching up to me quickly.

I started running. I took a short cut down the alley. I started running faster. "Hey! Don't run from us!" They yelled. I rounded the corner again and stopped.

Dead end.

I turned around. They stop right in front of me. "So you're dating Banks, huh?" He asked. I shot him a dirty look.

"No, you bully." I snapped. He smirked.

"Oh, so you are calling me a, bad boy? Did I hear correctly?" One of the boys asked as he got closer to me. I started to back up until I was touching the wall. All of a sudden, a huge boy came up behind them. He grabbed their shirts and threw them to the side, having them land in trash. I stared at the guy in shock. The Hawks all got up quickly and left. I got up too, and looked at the guy.

"Wait, aren't you in my science class?" I asked. He just stared at me without answering me. I smiled and nodded at that thought. "Fulton Reed. Yeah, I know you. Thank you so much." He grunted and walked away.