Chapter 51

Courtney

We won 6-1. We were in the locker room getting dressed. I was brushing my hair. I packed up and left. I couldn't get the sight of James from my head. Right when I though of that, I ran into someone. I fell back. "I'm so sorry." The guy apologized.

"It's fine, it was my fault." I said. The guy stood up and helped me up. I looked at him. "James?!" He looked at me confused.

"Courtney?" James asked. "You look... Different." He said, staring at me. I ignored him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. Jammed smiled.

"Oh, you see, I wanted to watch you play." James paused. "And to tell you I'm sorry for the way I acted and breaking up with you. Look Courtney, I still love you. I want you back." I stared at him.

"Look James. I'm-"

"Ready to go Courtney?" I heard someone ask. I looked back and saw Adam. I closed my eyes. I felt him come beside me. "James?"

"Adam?" James snapped angrily. I opened my eyes.

"You are such a jerk. Breaking up with Courtney." Adam said.

"Adam, just leave it alone." I sighed quietly.

"I came here to ask her out again." James stated, ignoring what I said to Adam. He looked at me. "Will you?" He asked, grabbing my hands. Adam grabbed his arms and threw them down.

"Too late, sir. You already broke her heart."

"So?" James asked.

"And we are dating." Adam said. He put his arm around my waist. James stared at me.

"Oh, I see." James sighed.

"James..." I said lightly.

"Nope. It's fine. Goodbye." James said. He turned around and started to walk away. Adam took his arm off of my waist.

"James!" I yelled. James stopped and turned around.

"What?! Look, I came too late, I should have never broke up with you Courtney! Every boy loves you, okay?" James sighed. "I didn't know how damn lucky I was to have you until a broke up with you. I felt empty when I broke up with you. I was missing a piece of myself when I broke up with you. I'm so sorry. I love you so much." I looked down.

"I think you should leave, James." I suggested. James stared at me. He walked away. I put my head down and kind of started to cry. I walked the other direction.